Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfer Question

Shadow-Demon
07.02.2012 , 10:50 PM | #1
Hey curious, I'm on Helm Of Garash and there is like no one around cept me and my friend, I want to do the character transfer to the Heavy one I have the option to but I'm unsure will I be able to transfer ALL my characters there?, I know u can only do it like once every 72 hours or something, but could i still transfer them all after waiting 72 hours for each?

Scorpienne
07.03.2012 , 08:12 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadow-Demon View Post
Hey curious, I'm on Helm Of Garash and there is like no one around cept me and my friend, I want to do the character transfer to the Heavy one I have the option to but I'm unsure will I be able to transfer ALL my characters there?, I know u can only do it like once every 72 hours or something, but could i still transfer them all after waiting 72 hours for each?
You've got some misinformation, it appears...

Here's the FAQ on transfers...
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5268

Here's how to transfer...
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5303

You can transfer as many characters as you like PROVIDED you end up with no more than 8 on the destination server. You can transfer them all one right after another without waiting. It may take up to 3 hrs to transfer, but in actual practice, it rarely takes more than 20 minutes. For each character you'll get email when the transfer starts and another one when it's complete. Don't log in to the game during the transfer process, because sometimes that messes things up. Clear out your GTN auctions and mail and guild bank (if you have one) before you transfer. Your bag and cargo hold will transfer over as-is.

Paige

Ellvaan
07.04.2012 , 03:44 AM | #3
Greetings Shadow-Demon!

You can find the following information regarding this topic in our Character Transfers FAQ. Specifically the following information may be of assistance to you:

Quote:
Are there any other restrictions with the Character Transfer Service?

If you choose to move your character with the initial Character Transfer Service, please be aware of the following:
  • If your character name is already taken on the destination server, your character will be transferred and assigned a temporary name. You will be prompted to choose a new name for the character when you log into the new server.
  • You cannot exceed 8 total characters (including transferred and non-transferred characters) on any given destination server. If no character slots are available, a character will not be transferred. You can choose to delete an existing character to free a character slot, and then repeat the character transfer process.
  • If you have played a character on an eligible origin server to the point where you have unlocked your Legacy and chosen your Legacy name, then all characters created on or transferred to your selected destination server will use that Legacy name.
  • If you have not played a character on an eligible destination server to the point where your Legacy is unlocked, but are transferring characters who have unlocked their Legacy, you will be prompted to choose your Legacy name when you first log in to your selected destination server after your characters have been transferred. The name you choose will then be applied to all characters on your selected destination server.

The character will no longer be a part of its guild - guilds and guild membership will not be transferred to your new server. You will need to create or join a new guild on your new server. If your guild name is already taken on the destination server, you will need to choose a different name for your guild. See our separate questions on guilds above.
You can find more information regarding Character Transfers located in our Character Transfers section on our Official Website as well as our Developer Tracker.

As Scorpienne has mentioned and ask listed in the above restrictions, you can move all characters over to the destination server provided there are character slots available for all of them. If you have any problems with transfers, we encourage you to contact Customer Service who would be happy to assist you!

We hope this helps!