Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: Clone Wars, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the continuity clusterfudge

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars: Clone Wars, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and the continuity clusterfudge

coltess
07.04.2012 , 12:25 AM | #1
Ok, I'm sure a million others are as confused as me, but I just gotta ask. What is the state of Star Wars: Clone Wars (the 2003 series) in regards to what is currently considered canon? Is the 2003 series disregarded? Do they interweave? Is the new one just erasing the old and rebuilding it +Ahsoka?

Personally, I loved the 03 series. Don't get me wrong, I also love the current series but there were certain times where the 03 series, paired with dinner and good day, was simply ******ic.
I don't like guilds. I once expressed why in my signature, however it was removed and I received a very polite letter asking me to change my mind. I still do not like guilds, however, I'm not allowed to express myself any further than saying that.

Harlequintwo
07.04.2012 , 05:47 AM | #2
I was always under the impression that both series' just interweaved with each other, obviously be last episode of The Clone Wars being just before Episode III, but the rest being spread out amongst and between the Clone Wars' series. There are times in both cartoons where the protagonist is alone. This is times where the others could be doing the adventures in the other cartoon. Even Ahsoka wasn't always around Anakin so still had time to go solo.

coltess
07.04.2012 , 05:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Harlequintwo View Post
I was always under the impression that both series' just interweaved with each other, obviously be last episode of The Clone Wars being just before Episode III, but the rest being spread out amongst and between the Clone Wars' series. There are times in both cartoons where the protagonist is alone. This is times where the others could be doing the adventures in the other cartoon. Even Ahsoka wasn't always around Anakin so still had time to go solo.
So we can assume that similar battles are just different battles on the same planets?
I don't like guilds. I once expressed why in my signature, however it was removed and I received a very polite letter asking me to change my mind. I still do not like guilds, however, I'm not allowed to express myself any further than saying that.

Forgon
07.04.2012 , 07:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by coltess View Post
So we can assume that similar battles are just different battles on the same planets?
You need to understand how the EU functions (and continuity) to understand how CW and TCW fit together.

In Wookiepedia's article on Canon

Should answer most if not all your questions.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

CassusVerda
07.04.2012 , 09:22 PM | #5
They Interweave somewhat. Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes place between the episode in Star Wars: Clone Wars, where Anakin gets knighted and the Episode where Anakin has his Episode 3 Hairstyle.

Battles you see in both shows on the same planets are different battles taking place at different times unless someone says something in TCW which contradicts what was in Clone Wars like "This is the first Battle here" or something.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

Whereistheforce
07.05.2012 , 11:52 AM | #6
The cartoon was like directly after Episode 2 in my opinion cause Anakin keeps his ponytail, as for the Clone Wars he has his long hair from Episode 3, So they just meet up at some point and connect im sure, I wouldnt know the exact thing cause I couldn't care less about the 2D Cartoon.
Peace is a lie, There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me. - Code of the Sith.

Whereistheforce
07.05.2012 , 11:54 AM | #7
"it covers the same time period as the third season of the 2003 television series Star Wars: Clone Wars, as well as the many other stories that have been told in the Clone Wars multimedia project." - Directly from Wookiepedia, so I guess that answers your questions. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_...ars_(TV_series)
Peace is a lie, There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me. - Code of the Sith.

Eillack
07.07.2012 , 10:35 PM | #8
The Clone Wars (TCW) is set between 2 episodes of the original mini series Clone Wars (CW).

Also, CW > TCW
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

epicfear
07.08.2012 , 04:12 PM | #9
I would like to know why people diss The clone wars. is it ahsoka? because if it's ahsoka, i actually like her.

but if you want jar jar back...
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

CassusVerda
07.08.2012 , 05:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
The Clone Wars (TCW) is set between 2 episodes of the original mini series Clone Wars (CW).

Also, CW > TCW
BroFist.

Though....Republic: Clone Wars is better than both combined.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus