Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are the levels of government in the sith empire?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What are the levels of government in the sith empire?

DarkJediMage
07.03.2012 , 09:48 AM | #1
What are the levels of government in the sith empire? do you kill to get promoted?

darthkargtor
07.03.2012 , 10:43 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkJediMage View Post
What are the levels of government in the sith empire? do you kill to get promoted?
Emperor
Wrath
Emperors Assistants such as hand and voice
Dark Counsil
Darths
Lords
Apprentices
Moffs
Military ranks ect
There is no Dark their is no light There is no grey There is only you.the force does not corrupt you, you corrupt yourself
Your actions shape you, the force simply reveals your true nature,One does not die, the force embraces you

grandmthethird
07.03.2012 , 10:47 AM | #3
i could be wrong but i think the order goes,

emperor
dark-council
sith lords
moff's of the empires army's
sith apprentice's
then empire soldiers in rank of order, similar to how earth ranks would work
citizens of the empire
slaves

i'm not sure if the emperors hand, and the emperors voice, and the wrath of the emperor. come into this somewhere or if they are like secret service and so are not part of the list they just do what thy want.
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

ZirusZero
07.03.2012 , 12:02 PM | #4
Sith
Sith
Sith
Sith
Grand moff
Sith
Sith
IA
Human
Everyone Else ->
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

grandmthethird
07.03.2012 , 12:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
Sith
Sith
Sith
Sith
Grand moff
Sith
Sith
IA
Human
Everyone Else ->
i think there must be a saying in the empire that goes like this - "its good to be sith"
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

ScarletBlaze
07.03.2012 , 12:37 PM | #6
This might be a good point of reference regarding this discussion.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Empire
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Maaruin
07.03.2012 , 03:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by darthkargtor View Post
Emperor
Voice of the Emperor
Wrath / Dark Council
Emperors Assistants such as hand
Darths
Grandmoff
Lords
Moffs
Apprentices
Military ranks ect
Fixed it. Well, it's a little more complicated...

The Voice is not a person on his own. It is a host for the Emperor. When the Voice speaks, it is the Emperor speaking through the Voice. So you could place the Voice (as a person), on the bottom of the list, like a slave. Or you can put it on top, because it basically is embodiment the Emperor.

The Wrath and the Dark Council have a strange relation. The Emperor is the direct superior for both of them. The Wrath carries out the Emperor's direct will, but most Sith answer to the Dark Council. The Dark Council governs the Empire.

Grandmoff Kilran seems to be a direct subordinate to Malgus and probably has Sith under his command (at least an Apprentices, but probably also Lords.)

I would place Moffs higher than apprentices. Apprentices rarely make their own decisions and I know no apprentice who has a Moff in their power base.

And the Emperor's hands... They are personal slaves of the Emperor. No council member would take orders from them. But on the other hand they are closer to the Emperor than the Wrath sometimes.

I think the Empire is better understood not as a hierarchy, but as different power bases. For Example:

A Moff might be part of the powerbase of a council member. He answers to the council member directly. For him it is:

Emperor (embodied through the Voice)
Dark Council member
Moff himself
his subordinates

But he could also be part of the power base of a Lord, so it would be:

Dark Council member
Darth
Lord
Moff himself
his subordinates

Or look how it is for Jaesa Wilsaam, a mere apprentice:

Wrath
Jaesa herself

She is as close to the Emperor as a Darth, despite her rank.

So in the Empire, you just have to know whom you answer to and who answers to you. It's called cronysm, I think.

do you kill to get promoted?
As a Sith: yes, but you have to be smart about it. You either have to cover it so noone knows you are responisible. Or you have to be powerful enough that your knew superiors think you are more valuable to them if you are not charged for murder. Technically, it's against the law.

(Your superior can also promote you to every rank just beneth his own. A Darth can promote an apprentice to Lord, for example.)

As military: better not. Sith see you as disposable, so you will be executed for this. You will get your promotion:

1) through being a good soldier
2) corruption, patronage, family members etc.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall