Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to work Group Finder?

Void_Singer
06.27.2012 , 12:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabod View Post
I would like to know how to remove the level limit on the tool. I have a desire to complete lower level heroics and flashpoints with a group but they are not even an option.

Yes, I could probably solo most of them, but thatís not the point. I want to be able to do the missions as they are intended, with a group.
here I am at 50, I wanted to complete Colicoid War Games at least once to see what gear is in there.... I've only been trying for over a month since it was opened up for this character... oh great I'll be able to do that no problem once this awesome group finder comes out....

... er nope, it's level restricted. Can't find a group for it because everyone hates it, it's a minimum 3 person team due to required puzzles (really 4 but I found a way to cheat it by dropping out of the instance and back in).... and now, the people that I could run it with are all going to be in the group finder but I can't access that thanks to level blocking.

Really? Seriously!? whatever happened to the idea of lending a hand to lowbies struggling with something? seems like a time honored tradition that you wouldn't just want to toss out..... especially not with social points gains for it. nevermind gear up runs for nice looking sets.

Bad call there guys... really. bad. call.
If it moves, shoot it. if it stops moving shoot it again.

Braxcity
06.27.2012 , 03:44 AM | #12
Ok I tried getting a group again this morning on my day off, joined group finder at roughly 8:30 am, searching for a group for Red Reaper and Colicoid war game (whatever it's called), quested until 10.25, still no group found, now I have to do some work so I guess I'll try again this evening

sulphervox
06.27.2012 , 10:34 AM | #13
What's the point of having a group finder if you can't use it. I'm on Tatooine and I am a level or two above the planets suggested levels so I can't use the finder. What's with this? I want to be able to COMPLETE the planet before I leave and your new shiny group finder only will find groups that you want me to find. I think people thounght that this finder would allow you to que for any heroic in the game. That is what a group finder does..... IT FINDS THE GROUP THAT THE PLAYER WANTS NOT THE GROUPS THAT THE DEVS WANT YOU TO PLAY.... I luv this game guys but you really have to stop shooting yourselves in the foot...

Harleyhus
06.30.2012 , 08:06 PM | #14
The new group finder is terrible! What a letdown! Gotta make it where you can choose any flashpoint regardless of level. Could not believe it!

KVork
07.01.2012 , 01:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabod View Post
I would like to know how to remove the level limit on the tool. I have a desire to complete lower level heroics and flashpoints with a group but they are not even an option.

Yes, I could probably solo most of them, but thatís not the point. I want to be able to do the missions as they are intended, with a group.

Take mind that not-50s would get much less xp points if 50 were to be in group with them.
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

Ellvaan
07.01.2012 , 03:20 AM | #16
Greetings everyone!

Regarding the specific issue of having some Flashpoints blacked out with Group Finder, this is currently in our Known In-Game Issues List from Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen
Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Warsô: The Old Republicô, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: June 28th, 2012

Group Finder
  • Group Finder will not allow players to select or queue for content that is already listed in their Mission Log.
    Workaround:Players must complete or abandon any Flashpoint or Operation missions that are currently in the Mission Log and then refresh the user interface (CTRL+U twice).
We hope this helps!

teldantemplar
07.03.2012 , 12:57 PM | #17
quate "Take mind that not-50s would get much less xp points if 50 were to be in group with them"

i for one would love to get help from a higher lvl and miss the exp.
i have been standing for many hours now waiting for a group for black talon with no luck
when u meet people with ur own lvl, they dont want to help or dont answear.
i wish that it was possible to chose if u wanted to solo heroic and flashpoints or team up.
so that u did not have to just sit and wait. i would teamup for them whenever it was possible but would be nice to go on when you had waited for a long time.