Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE endgame is dead

mindriot
07.02.2012 , 11:01 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
Pretty much where im at now I have 4 50s going on a 5th...pretty much have leveling down to an art now at this point lol.

I seem to recall an announcement a few weeks back that there was going to be a new Operation and a new flashpoint coming out towards the end of the summer.

EDIT: Nevermind thats for later in the year. sighh.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120604
I dont want to be "that" guy....but I dont think there is a developer in the world that can give some of you people "enough" to do. Honestly, you need to accept you're in the 2%....and find something else to do until new content.
I-5 Ivy bridge 3470
8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance
MSI GeForce 680
Samsung 830 SSD

The_Duck
07.03.2012 , 11:27 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
What I am hoping Bioware will do is just hit the reset button completely on Nightmare Mode. Go back and redo all three of their existing instances to make Nightmare Mode fights with new mechanics for EV, KP and EC. Spread the new tier of gear across all three instances.

If they did that, then they would give guilds clamoring for hard content a bunch of bosses to chew on that would easily last us until the next Operation is released.
they would be smart to do this. all 3 existing operations with new Nightmare difficulties which would be tuned
to the new level cap, etc with different mechanics, etc.
- The Duck

Valtrim
07.03.2012 , 11:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DeketheDeke View Post
Fast-forward ~6 years. Some people will argue that WoW truly hit its stride with the release of Blackwing Lair. Bioware could learn a TON from studying how Blizzard designed BWL and copied EQ. It had 8-9 bosses of varying difficulties, including several gear-check/gateway bosses and the boss of the entire dungeon, Nefarian, dropped the pieces of uberness described in the previous post. The most difficult bosses dropped set pieces, however each boss had a rare drop that made them worthwhile to kill. I can remember the wing buffet dragons dropped an uber warlock piece we waited a long time to see and Nefarian dropped the BiS healer offhand that I waited quite a while to acquire. Farming the instance for these rare drops proved to be invaluable in progressing faster through the next major dungeon, AQ. Why hasn't Bioware picked up on this yet?
Because there are casuals who cry about not being able to see everything in a game. If someone finds a game like vanilla/BC WoW, let me know.