Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment Kit Mk-6

GnatB
07.02.2012 , 12:47 PM | #21
Another thing to consider.... people like me.
I'm not "crafting augment kits". I've been selling them, but even though I have both a synthweaver, armstech and armormech, I haven't yet started churning out green belts/bracers and REing them for kits.
I'm reverse engineering for schematics. Getting kit mats out is a consolation prize. My effective cost for the mats is basically zero. I would have still been doing the RE even if I didn't get the kit mats out. (though admittedly, once I learned about how the kits would be obtained I put a hold on all my RE attempts, but started stockpiling the mats)

So for me, selling the kits for anything is still better than how it used to be. No kit mats from REing at all.

The kit mats (and thus the augment kits themselves) are simply a byproduct.

RickAdams
07.02.2012 , 01:08 PM | #22
I think the original poster's point was that if you are selling augment kits for less than 90k then you are losing out on the opportunity cost of being able to sell the same amount of materials for 90k. Regardless of whether you farm the mats mannually, run crew missions or buy them off the GTN. The bottom line is that the mats that go into making an augmentation kit are sellinng for 90k, so it would be stupid to sell said kits for less than 90k. If you're looking for a quick sale, price the mats to move and you will likely still get closer to the 90k than selling the kit for 60k (which is about what they are going for on my server as well).

NermalDetonator
07.02.2012 , 01:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by -Quantum- View Post
22 Upari Crystals = Free for Archeology
22 Primeval Artifact = Free for Archeology
22 Cortosis Substrate = 8800 (@400 per unit crafting vendor price)
2 Subelectronic data module = 1600 (@800 per unit GTN price)

so only 10400 with your math
The opportunity cost of selling them for the going rate is still present.

Unfortunately, none of the idiotic crafters on my server realize this, so the market is already trashed where its pointless to make them. You're better off selling the mats and just buying what you want. Augments are the only thing to turn a profit at this point.

GnatB
07.02.2012 , 03:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereg View Post
22 Cortosis Substrate = 8800 (@400 per unit crafting vendor price)
Well, if we're going opportunity cost, you don't really sell this on the GTN, so the only cost is what it costs you to obtain. And since we're excluding (at this point) the time spent using companions, it is far cheaper to run the mission for Cortosis substrate than it is to buy them from the vendor. (mission returns 10-20, for at most 2k), less than 1/2 vendor price... not as good as scavengers thermoplast, unfortunately, which returns like 30-40.)

parmie
07.02.2012 , 07:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RickAdams View Post
I think the original poster's point was that if you are selling augment kits for less than 90k then you are losing out on the opportunity cost of being able to sell the same amount of materials for 90k. Regardless of whether you farm the mats mannually, run crew missions or buy them off the GTN. The bottom line is that the mats that go into making an augmentation kit are sellinng for 90k, so it would be stupid to sell said kits for less than 90k. If you're looking for a quick sale, price the mats to move and you will likely still get closer to the 90k than selling the kit for 60k (which is about what they are going for on my server as well).
Nah, this is about people buying mats from the market so they can have 5 companions crafting kits rather than having 3 out gathering and 1 crafting gear for RE leaving 1 to craft kits, thats assuming they even have the required gathering skills and not slicing to get augment parts and missions which they also want to sell.

I've been giving mine away to guildees for free, I need to be locked up it seems.