Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

stats for tanks on HM

oeknking
07.02.2012 , 02:44 PM | #1
can anyone post up the minimum stats (armor, hp, defense, shield chance, absorption) for vanguards/guardians to start tanking hard modes?
Is it so wrong to wonder what gamorrean bacon tastes like?

Aetou
07.02.2012 , 04:47 PM | #2
Tionese tanking set is definitely fine. You could probably do it in daily purples too, assuming competence and a good healer. My Vigilance alt does just fine in that spec wearing mostly-Columi gear (a bit of BH, BM, Rakata and WH too.) I mean, as long as you have 50% armor reduction and then about 20% defence and 30% shield and absorb that wouldn't present any issues at all. Just make sure you use Hyper Fortitude stims to make things a little easier on your healer.)

DiLune
07.02.2012 , 05:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
Tionese tanking set is definitely fine. You could probably do it in daily purples too, assuming competence and a good healer. My Vigilance alt does just fine in that spec wearing mostly-Columi gear (a bit of BH, BM, Rakata and WH too.) I mean, as long as you have 50% armor reduction and then about 20% defence and 30% shield and absorb that wouldn't present any issues at all. Just make sure you use Hyper Fortitude stims to make things a little easier on your healer.)
Daily purples and purples you've purchased off the GTN should be fine for running the first three HM's. And if you know your healer you should be fine doing most Tier 1 HMs you encounter.

Aurojiin
07.02.2012 , 05:20 PM | #4
50 blues are sufficient for tier 1 HMs; if your group is competent, you can throw some greens in to boot. Better gear just makes things a bit easier and gives you more leeway to carry bad players.

Larry_Dallas
07.02.2012 , 05:33 PM | #5
Ideally, orange sets with 50 or 51 purples. Bare minimum, recruit gear.

I disagree that with something less it will be too hard for your healers to keep you up. Even a similarly geared healer can keep you up in HMs as long as you hold threat. The problem I see is that, depending on the gear of the healer and DPS, you'll struggle to maintain threat with less than that. Definitely had a big time issue with this in Directive 7 one time (ended up kiting half the bosses with a sorc), though this might have changed with 1.3.

pure_laced
07.02.2012 , 05:44 PM | #6
I was the 4th 50 on my old, old server, 1st tank to 50. We formed a group of the 1st 4 50's and did all the HM FP's at the time. None were terribly difficult in quest greens/blues. Skill > gear in most cases.

The problem you might run into is that you are undergeared and your group might be geared and they will be frustrated because you cannot hold threat, won't chain pull, etc etc etc. Just go in with some friends, and it should be fine.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter