[Armstech] - SO SO USELESS NOW

WillHolmes

...wasn't really trolling you. More of a slam on that ugly gear.

But yeah, as I re-read it, comes across that way. "so pardon my tone, was unintended"

There are better gears to make than that war hero stuff. I'm not wasting anymore mats on crit-crafting til after 1.3 hits and I think I'll be making nothing but the cheapest mat items like green bracers for the augment kit byproducts.

The note about it costing more to craft aug-kits for Armstechs is interesting, I know for synths the cheapest items are green level 50 bracers that only take 2 each of Upari Crystal and a stone fragment. So 20 each of an easily attainable material via dailies should get me 1 aug-kit. What's it gonna cost in mats for an Armstech?

Edited by XLJedi

I dont know. My GS could use some augmented guns. Perhaps your prices are a bit inflated? I often see orange gear listed for way more than Im willing to pay. Min lvl 50 is one thing even tho it would end up with same mods as a lvl 15 orange, but still some of the prices are way out of control. 85k-100k for an augmented lvl 15 orange is just way too high for myself. At those prices you are specifically targeting hardcore re-rollers with huge banks. Most casual leveling players simply cannot afford those rates. Just saying.

The note about it costing more to craft aug-kits for Armstechs is interesting, I know for synths the cheapest items are green level 50 bracers that only take 2 each of Upari Crystal and a stone fragment. So 20 each of an easily attainable material via dailies should get me 1 aug-kit. What's it gonna cost in mats for an Armstech?

Armstech need to RE 10 items costing 6 metal and 4 compound or 4 metal and 6 compund to make one aug kit. Current average prices for grade 6 metal 450 credits compound 800 credits. Which comes out to 59K to make one aug kit at current average GTN mat prices. Armormech using the same source mats can make one for 16K.

A different change that could benefit armstech would be to give investigation crew skill the new orange schematics, rather than UW trading, which is already very useful, as it provides 2 crafters with special mats.

Armstech can't use the schematics, but making investigation throw off something useful would lessen the pain I feel right now as an armstech. Or add the investigation mats into some other crafting discipline, to make them more sought after.

Well I have not had much to say about Armstech on the forums, but I am pretty frustrated on the lack of a fix to make this crew skill viable and on par with other crew skills. Armstech needs some loving for sure. Personally I think crafting in TOR is rather lame and easy. I am guessing they didnt want us to put to much time and effort into it, other then blowing credits on crew missions/resources etc, etc.

I do know this is not SWG, but I must say after playing SWG for 5 years crafting, TOR barely scratches the surface in crafting immursement and gameplay. I do hope the development team spends some time down the track sorting out this area.

Cheers.

Armstech need to RE 10 items costing 6 metal and 4 compound or 4 metal and 6 compund to make one aug kit. Current average prices for grade 6 metal 450 credits compound 800 credits. Which comes out to 59K to make one aug kit at current average GTN mat prices. Armormech using the same source mats can make one for 16K.

Yes, exactly. I have 2 threads about this right now here and here it would be awesome if everyone could reply to them to try and gain more attention to this issue before 1.3 goes live. dont forget to submit tickets in game too

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, exactly. I have 2 threads about this right now here and here it would be awesome if everyone could reply to them to try and gain more attention to this issue before 1.3 goes live. dont forget to submit tickets in game too

This is such a huge FAIL on BW's part its not even funny.. How you going to make it cost more to make a kit with armstech when it already sucks something awful and is the worst profession in the game? Just scrap the whole profession, replace it with something else if you cant make it viable. I was hoping they would do something with it but clearly there arn;t/wont.

What on earth is wrong with you people?

I make a minium of 500k every day selling Armstech made augments. Armstech is far from being useless, you just have to be creative and not whine so much.

This. Overkill augments are selling like hotcakes since 1.3 when augment kits hit the field. I've made about 7mil on day one alone. You're only limited with how fast you can grind slicing missions on all your alts to get the purple mats. Augment prices are through the roof atm and even with undercutting everyone it's easy to get rich fast.

This. Overkill augments are selling like hotcakes since 1.3 when augment kits hit the field. I've made about 7mil on day one alone. You're only limited with how fast you can grind slicing missions on all your alts to get the purple mats. Augment prices are through the roof atm and even with undercutting everyone it's easy to get rich fast.

how much do you sell the overkill augments for? the 4 purple slicing mats go for like 120k minimum on my server..i guess you can keep buying them all and hope for some crits to get x2 the augments.

Yall are absolutely nuts complaining about the profitability of armstech. lol Take a look at the GTN for prices on advanced overkill augment 22s. Synthweavers cant make these augments. Amormechs cant make these augments. Im hopping on the armstech train myself so I dont have to pay out the wazoo for power augments on my mara! So please do drop armstech so I have less competition in sales for augments.

how much do you sell the overkill augments for? the 4 purple slicing mats go for like 120k minimum on my server..i guess you can keep buying them all and hope for some crits to get x2 the augments.

Yeah Ive been making a boatload of creds on those advanced neural augmentors when ive been able to get my hands on them. My slicing crew has been working around the clock on missions for these things. lol

Yeah Ive been making a boatload of creds on those advanced neural augmentors when ive been able to get my hands on them. My slicing crew has been working around the clock on missions for these things. lol

right but how often do you crit it? and how many do you get, 2,4,6? i checked for slicing purp missions on GTN, there were none..so its going to take a lot of runs and potenital credits to crit some of the purp mats..

I agree, im the only Armstech in my guild with over 100 players. The only good thing i can do is to craft augments. I had supplied everyone (active) with augmented weapons long before 1.3.

The only thing i can do to become a tiny bit more useful is to RE the campaign barrels for a 20% chanse in the schematic, that is if they let me... I can craft the Campaign gun wich i REd since the barrel was the only thing i needed in the gun. And it requires mats for like 1.5mill and comes without mod, enhancment and barrel.