Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EV & KP using Group Finder. How is it?

waynohh
07.01.2012 , 08:48 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Anrew View Post
I haven't tried this, but you can't have any sort of group setup before you queue? I think thats kinda dumb if thats the case. I think it would be nice for guilds that are short a couple people. Same with running hm fp's I really don't want it to be all pug (assuming thats the case)
I tried to take a group of 8. Queued everyone in the group finder. Didn't get comms. Big waste of time.

Amethysted
07.02.2012 , 10:48 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Did some KP

First boss done easily. Then one dps disconnects.
So after some waiting we decide to 7-man second boss, and do it easily again, and then another dps disconnects.

So we kicked the disconnected and then we were stuck with a group 2 tanks 2 dps 2 healers, and no matter what we did, we could not make it work so that we could queue for replacements for our 2 missing dps. It was impossible to get new people. Well that was the end of that.
The same thing happened to me! ha!

Were you in my group?

I was qued up and very surprised that the 8 man group finder worked. Pretty fast, too.

But a player DCed (a tank) and the group fell apart just as quickly as it came together...

We beat the Rancor but couldnt get through the 2 gaurds...

Oh, and If you know the fights, it's no problem. But a voice chat (for all OPs / HMs) is helpful...

FuulishOne
07.02.2012 , 11:01 AM | #33
@OP it's pretty pot luck. I had a really smooth EV GroupFinder run where two people didn't know the op at all (1 dps, 1 healer), no voice comms, and all typed instructions. Then I had a pretty rough KP run where only 1 person fessed up about not being there before (melee dps), but it was obvious there were at least 3 others in that run that were clueless (2 tanks, 1 melee). Really depends on the personalities on your server.

Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
I genuinely suggest that nobody queues for Karagga's Palace with the group finder - unless they know the Heavy Fabricator puzzle inside out.

That fight is SEVERELY overtuned for a random pug because there are way too many things to keep track of, you won't figure out the puzzle on the fly and the enrage timer is relatively tight. It's the hardest fight in the game outside Explosive Conflict and even with a guild with voice communications it's really tough. Without Vent or Teamspeak it's impossible imho - unless, I repeat, someone knows the puzzle inside out and can do it with his eyes closed.
Oh it's not overtuned, it's fine. If you see above, I had a really rough KP, no voice comms, all typing. Yes it took us a few tries to get through the puzzle boss, but that's part of the learning. We were too worried about the enrage and overcompensated by having 2 clickers, and more dps on the floor. Went with 3 clickers and it was fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by waynohh View Post
I tried to take a group of 8. Queued everyone in the group finder. Didn't get comms. Big waste of time.
I believe that's working as intended. If you join the Group Finder with a full (4/8) group, you're not adding anyone from the pool and therefore not actually using the GF, and thus no comms for your group. I'm not saying I'm right, just a gut feel for the spirit of the tool.

Samoth_Nomad
07.02.2012 , 12:36 PM | #34
After my first run in GF in which I was placed with a group of 3 players in greens doing FE, I had very low hopes for A pug op. No vent, random players, seemed like a disaster.
I was pleasantly surprised when I grouped in GF for EV. Everybody knew their part, we one shotted the whole instance. Amazing. I guess the coin flips both ways