Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island observation


Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
07.01.2012 , 11:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jedifather View Post
ok folks, i understand that for some of you, lost island is an easy mode fp. this is NOT true of melee dps. my sentinel cannot go into LI at all because it is so anti-melee. this place is ridiculously overtuned to be dropping MAINLY columi gear. and no i'm not a fresh 50, i am 2/5 rakata with everything else besides my MH being columi. i've dont my time in FPs and OPs, and im here to tell you this place makes even denova(2/4 HM) look like a joke. so tell me plz how you justify a FLASHPOINT, t2 or not bein harder than any OP in the game?
I'm 4/4 EC HM, so does that mean my opinion carries more weight than yours? Because I disagree.

Let's cut the posturing and look at the facts. Plenty of people have cleared this flashpoint with two melee DPS. You stand behind the boss. When coils land, the tank moves the boss to a safe location, and faces him towards the next destination. Since you're melee DPS and you have no reason to ever move off the boss (most of the time, even if the boss isn't moving because of a cast, you can still DPS him from the side and stay out of bad stuff... you know, apply a tiny fragment of thought to what you're doing), you can interrupt Incinerate. Rinse and repeat.

Does LR-5 require a bit more work when melee DPS are present? Yes. Is he hardest content in the game, some terrible wrecking ball of doom that presents a stone wall to melee DPS? Lol. No.

Tigzie's Avatar


Tigzie
07.01.2012 , 11:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I'm 4/4 EC HM, so does that mean my opinion carries more weight than yours? Because I disagree.

Let's cut the posturing and look at the facts. Plenty of people have cleared this flashpoint with two melee DPS. You stand behind the boss. When coils land, the tank moves the boss to a safe location, and faces him towards the next destination. Since you're melee DPS and you have no reason to ever move off the boss (most of the time, even if the boss isn't moving because of a cast, you can still DPS him from the side and stay out of bad stuff... you know, apply a tiny fragment of thought to what you're doing), you can interrupt Incinerate. Rinse and repeat.

Does LR-5 require a bit more work when melee DPS are present? Yes. Is he hardest content in the game, some terrible wrecking ball of doom that presents a stone wall to melee DPS? Lol. No.
I like this guy.... why? because he doesnt want to nerf an end game challenge

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
07.01.2012 , 11:45 PM | #23
I wish the people who are so offended by Lost Island's "difficulty" could just manage to look at it from a different perspective.

I enjoy the game when I actually get to play it. As in, when I'm actually required to think about what I'm doing, and when stupid mistakes get punished. LI HM and EC HM is the only content in this game where that happens (well, perhaps healing J&S on KP NiM might just qualify as well, although it's more of a HPS check). Everything else - tier 1 ops, HM flashpoints, story denova - can be sleepwalked through.

I don't say this with the intention of boasting, and I don't think everything in this game should be rock hard. It's just that, frankly, this game is not very hard at all, and for those of us who derive enjoyment from matching ourselves against a challenge and striving to perform well, we have one operation and one flashpoint. Surely that's not too much to ask? Discussing the loot drops vs effort required is one thing, but does the flashpoint really need a nerf? Is it really so bad to have one lone piece of 4-man content with a modicum of challenge?

Tigzie's Avatar


Tigzie
07.01.2012 , 11:53 PM | #24
All hail the profit someone who speaks sense

See im not as polite as you i just think there are 2 things that challenge at endgame after people have put in a certain amount of time and effort (even casuals will eventually put in the time to complete LI and be proud) .... so why just because some people cant complete it nerf it and bring it down so they can .....

Here is the real slap in the face for those that complain about this.... More people would quit if you got your way and today they nerf LI tommorrow they nerf EC because you cant do that either than will quit over challenging content.

Nolenthar's Avatar


Nolenthar
07.02.2012 , 12:06 AM | #25
I have to agree with many posters here.

Lost Island is advertised as Tier 2 Flashpoints, where all other FP are advertised as Tier 1. I agree a non experienced player might be tricked and sign up with this flashpoint, to understand he can't complete it (the first boss, before the robot, should already be a clue).

However, as many other said before, this is the ONLY challenging flashpoint. There is a total of 11 HM and only 1 which requires a good group coordination. There are people in this game who are more talented or "hardcore" than others, and Bioware also need their money, and they also need to have somekind of challenge for them.

And please no, no gearchecks or whatever before you can use this LFG tool. Once again, the mind should prevail.
There are many players out there who can roll through the FP with very bad gear, the clues are how many groups started to 2-Man HM. Do you really think the people 2-manning HM need Tionese geared toon to 4-man them ? You know they don't.

Too many restrictions on a tool make it unusable.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

Nolenthar's Avatar


Nolenthar
07.02.2012 , 12:09 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post

Let's cut the posturing and look at the facts. Plenty of people have cleared this flashpoint with two melee DPS. You stand behind the boss. When coils land, the tank moves the boss to a safe location, and faces him towards the next destination. Since you're melee DPS and you have no reason to ever move off the boss (most of the time, even if the boss isn't moving because of a cast, you can still DPS him from the side and stay out of bad stuff... you know, apply a tiny fragment of thought to what you're doing), you can interrupt Incinerate. Rinse and repeat.

.
I'm still wondering why melee dps are any problem on the robot. Oh yes, if the tank is bad and can't tank a mob while moving, I can see, but otherwise ?

We recently went on this boss with 2 people who had very low experience of the boss, including the tank. It only took 1 try to kill it with 2 melee dps. Just because the tank was explained what to do, just because a melee dps was taking care of incinerate. I agree a lot of things are happening there, but OP is wrong when he thinks that this content is not doable. The damage output on this encounter is not even over the top. It is only if incinerate is not interrupted and if dps stands in electical bubble. Other than that it's a very standard damage taken output encounter.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

NoxiousAlby's Avatar


NoxiousAlby
07.02.2012 , 12:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I wish the people who are so offended by Lost Island's "difficulty" could just manage to look at it from a different perspective.

I enjoy the game when I actually get to play it. As in, when I'm actually required to think about what I'm doing, and when stupid mistakes get punished. LI HM and EC HM is the only content in this game where that happens (well, perhaps healing J&S on KP NiM might just qualify as well, although it's more of a HPS check). Everything else - tier 1 ops, HM flashpoints, story denova - can be sleepwalked through.

I don't say this with the intention of boasting, and I don't think everything in this game should be rock hard. It's just that, frankly, this game is not very hard at all, and for those of us who derive enjoyment from matching ourselves against a challenge and striving to perform well, we have one operation and one flashpoint. Surely that's not too much to ask? Discussing the loot drops vs effort required is one thing, but does the flashpoint really need a nerf? Is it really so bad to have one lone piece of 4-man content with a modicum of challenge?
You fail to see the picture clearly, all your interested in is if the game provides you with the challenge you desire. Look at it this way there are 2 types of players, raiders and non raiders (which is made up of a significant proportion of casuals). Raiders end game content are raids...pretty simple so far, and for non raiders/casuals there are flashpoints....why?. Because they can be generally completed in 30min to an hour and dont require co-ordination in many cases.

HM LI is a mini raid being passed off as a flashpoint, good for those that want a challenge but a dissaster for many of the casual community. Take away their end game content and gear progression and many become bored and will unsub. Give the casuals their flashpoints for entertainment and we can keep our raids ( and difficulty) that way all parties are happy. For if we lose the casual component of the playerbase the game is as good as dead.

And for the recoed I have completed HM LI

NoxiousAlby's Avatar


NoxiousAlby
07.02.2012 , 12:38 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
Casuals can do the story mode and still experience all the same content as everyone else.
Why is it that some players assume only raiders are interested in gear progression? I know many casual players who's sole purpose of doing dailies & flashpoints is all about gear progression and storymode doesnt provide that which is why players run HM.

NoxiousAlby's Avatar


NoxiousAlby
07.02.2012 , 12:41 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigzie View Post
Im sorry but how does this hurt casuals?

If they are as you say doing the other fps like bread and butter then after they have geared up the only thing hindering them from completing it would be knowing how to do the bosses :/

If there wasnt LI people would complain about fps being weak because there is your complaining it doesnt hand you rakata gear on a plate?
Silly boy, no one capable of doing HM LI is running it for gear lol...........we do it for the weekly 8 black hole badges and the blue speeder (which I have). You want Rakata gear then run HM EV & KP it's easier than HM LI

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
07.02.2012 , 12:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
You fail to see the picture clearly, all your interested in is if the game provides you with the challenge you desire. Look at it this way there are 2 types of players, raiders and non raiders (which is made up of a significant proportion of casuals). Raiders end game content are raids...pretty simple so far, and for non raiders/casuals there are flashpoints....why?. Because they can be generally completed in 30min to an hour and dont require co-ordination in many cases.
That's just beyond ridiculous. You're basically drawing up these arbitrary rules whereby serious players should only be doing 8-man or above content, and attaching a minimum duration to it.

First, I don't always have another seven players handy to form a raid group. Second, and more importantly, I like smaller group content. Group interaction is more personal, it's much less prone to stoppage, and I just like the combat dynamics. Furthermore, am I to believe that I'm only allowed to enjoy semi-challenging content if I can devote two to four hours at a time? I'm just not allowed to get three friends and have fun playing something shorter? I'm not going to say what I think of that proposition, because I'd start violating the code of conduct around here, but rest assured that I find your nonsensical assertions borderline offensive.

I'd also like to know where story EV and KP fit in your little collection of rules, seeing as they clearly have little relevance for serious players, and many casuals are (gasp) raiding in these instances.

As someone else has already highlighted, you have ten other flashpoints that you can faceroll. TEN. And you're still not happy because Lost Island violates your ridiculously strict and arbitrary laws about how content should be tuned. Well, too bad. We have only one lone flashpoint and one raid that has any degree of difficulty. Just leave us alone

I'm also confused as to how the following two assertions can be simultaneously possible:

1. No one clears LI for the gear.
2. LI is a "disaster" for the casual community because it blocks their gear progression.

...huh? Besides which, players of any calibre can now get almost full BiS gear with the ridiculous number of BH comms available. "Casuals" (I'm not a fan of the label, but now's not the time for that discussion) get a large portion of the best gear in the game handed to them on a plate, and have the vast majority of endgame content tuned for them. Isn't this enough for you? Don't you have some actual issues worth complaining about?