Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bug: Locate the Enemy (Sith Warrior Story Mission)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bug: Locate the Enemy (Sith Warrior Story Mission)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zandilar
07.01.2012 , 06:09 PM | #1
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this bug report. I came across it on the live servers (so the PTS forum is probably not the place for this), and customer service seemed to be the closest to appropriate for the forums. If this is not the right place, please feel free to move this (and let me know where I should post bug reports in future, please! ).

During the mission "Locate the Enemy" (Sith Warrior story mission on Belsavis), specifically the "Return to the Records Room", I came across a rather curious bug. I had (light side) Jaesa Willsaam with me as my companion, and when she responds to Master Timmns (when he remarks on her presence, "Say, aren't you Jaesa Willsaam..."), she is facing away from the camera, "naked" (in her underwear) against a sky blueish background.

I don't know if this is just some kind of artefact with my install of the client, but by the time anyone responds to this report I'll be past it, because it otherwise seems to function as normal.

I had one more problem with this part of the mission too. Jaesa doesn't seem to be her light side self when responding to Master Timmns, she makes mention of destroying obnoxious Jedi, which just doesn't seem right coming from the mouth of a woman who still cares about doing the right thing. There's no real reason for her to be keeping up an act at the time, either, as it's just her, me (who knows she's still light sided), and Master Timmns. So, the above bug makes me wonder if she's, in fact, reacting as her dark side self, rather than her light side self.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Mandiaru
07.01.2012 , 06:24 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Zandilar,

The graphical issues you are describing might be due to corrupted files in your Star Wars: The Old Republic game data. I would advise to run the repair function located in the lower left hand side of your launcher by clicking on the cog symbol and choosing ''Repair'' (please note that you must be logged into the Launcher to do this).

Generally speaking you can run the repair function whenever you feel some game features do not work as they should as this may well be caused by a file corruption.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar
I don't know if this is just some kind of artefact with my install of the client, but by the time anyone responds to this report I'll be past it, because it otherwise seems to function as normal.
I am happy to hear that it seems to function normally, however, please let me know should you require further assistance regarding this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar
I had one more problem with this part of the mission too. Jaesa doesn't seem to be her light side self when responding to Master Timmns, she makes mention of destroying obnoxious Jedi, which just doesn't seem right coming from the mouth of a woman who still cares about doing the right thing.
Zandilar, please feel free to visit our Suggestion Box should you have any suggestions or ideas regarding this or other aspects of Star Wars: The Old Republic. We are always interested in constructive feedback.

Thank you!
Mandiaru | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Monomarchos
09.19.2012 , 11:33 PM | #3
Sorry for the thread necro, but this quest is still bugged. I see the exact same behavior with Jaesa "naked" and facing backwards against a light blue background. The color of the background is probably somehow a result of there being a glowing blue "mission" door that you and the Jedi destroy during the cutscene. (I may be wrong about that; it's more like sky color and probably just not rendering the building, just like not rendering her clothes.)

Also, I think Mandiaru misunderstood Zandilar, who wasn't saying the problem was resolved, but that he would be "past it", as in done with the quest and so unable to repro the bug. And I concur that Jaesa's response about killing the obnoxious Jedi is probably the dark side Jaesa's answer, which would be a bug since the OP and I are both Light side.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mandiaru View Post
Greetings Zandilar,

The graphical issues you are describing might be due to corrupted files in your Star Wars: The Old Republic game data. I would advise to run the repair function located in the lower left hand side of your launcher by clicking on the cog symbol and choosing ''Repair'' (please note that you must be logged into the Launcher to do this).

Generally speaking you can run the repair function whenever you feel some game features do not work as they should as this may well be caused by a file corruption. I am happy to hear that it seems to function normally, however, please let me know should you require further assistance regarding this. Zandilar, please feel free to visit our Suggestion Box should you have any suggestions or ideas regarding this or other aspects of Star Wars: The Old Republic. We are always interested in constructive feedback.

Thank you!

Cerimon
09.20.2012 , 02:28 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

We are aware of this issue with the 'Locate the Enemy' mission. We expect this to be addressed in a future patch. We regret we will be unable to provide further updates on this, but recommend checking future patch notes, which can be found here, for any up to date information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support