Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why A New Hopes Ending is bad

Maaruin
07.01.2012 , 05:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
are you actually trying to argue against something said in a cracked video? why?
I'm not that familiar with cracked videos.
I just wanted to find a way to explain what happened.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Tuscad
07.01.2012 , 05:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I'm not that familiar with cracked videos.
I just wanted to find a way to explain what happened.
I always thought that the pilot was competent and decided that he would sacrifice himself for Vader and he hit Vader's ship on purpose to save him from being targeted by the Falcon.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Maaruin
07.01.2012 , 06:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
I always thought that the pilot was competent and decided that he would sacrifice himself for Vader and he hit Vader's ship on purpose to save him from being targeted by the Falcon.
Do you think TIE pilots would be that noble?
I always thought most of them are just doing their job and wouldn't be willing to sacrifice themself for anyone.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Liquidacid
07.01.2012 , 06:17 PM | #14
maybe he was drunk? I spend 8 years in the military and so I can imagine how *********** boring it would have been to be posted to something like the Deathstar where up until that point he probably spend all day everyday flying patrols

prolly got a home built still stashed away in an equipment locker in the ready room for when the officers aren't around.. he was all like "oh **** i'm flying with vader... might as well get a buzz because if I don't get shot down he will prolly choke me to death"
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Tuscad
07.01.2012 , 07:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Do you think TIE pilots would be that noble?
I always thought most of them are just doing their job and wouldn't be willing to sacrifice themself for anyone.
Some people are honorable though. He could have been an exception.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 12:29 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
Some people are honorable though. He could have been an exception.
nah they make a point of making sure the bad guys don't do anything honorable. In real life yeah a tie fighter pilot might be really loyal or trying to impress vader but not in the movies.

Wolfninjajedi
07.06.2012 , 11:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
nah they make a point of making sure the bad guys don't do anything honorable. In real life yeah a tie fighter pilot might be really loyal or trying to impress vader but not in the movies.
Vader was probably like "da hell, stupid tie pilot now im spinning round and round!"
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.