Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island observation


NoxiousAlby's Avatar


NoxiousAlby
07.01.2012 , 10:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
Yes HM LI is a bit silly, considering that flashpoints are the bread and butter for casual players making it inaccessible to many causuals (due to skill & gear requirements) sort of defeats the purpose.

Dont consider HM LI as a flashpoint, it's basicly a mini raid for all the players who QQ'd in the first 3 months about how easy the game was. I agree if BW continue down this path it will hurt them in the back pocket, but if your willing to learn and go back week after week then eventually you will succeed in completing this flashpoint. HM LI is a gear & skill check, both which will improve over time if you have the patience and desire to complete it.
p.s. I run this flashpoint (mini raid ) with the same 4 people each week, we are only starting to cycle one player out to take fellow guildies through one at a time. I would never pug this flashpoint, and suggest you dont either at this stage of the game until most players well and truly outgear HM LI. Find 3 other like minded players and chip away at it, but pugging it will only cause frustration.

Aetou's Avatar


Aetou
07.01.2012 , 11:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
Yes HM LI is a bit silly, considering that flashpoints are the bread and butter for casual players making it inaccessible to many causuals (due to skill & gear requirements) sort of defeats the purpose.

Dont consider HM LI as a flashpoint, it's basicly a mini raid for all the players who QQ'd in the first 3 months about how easy the game was. I agree if BW continue down this path it will hurt them in the back pocket, but if your willing to learn and go back week after week then eventually you will succeed in completing this flashpoint. HM LI is a gear & skill check, both which will improve over time if you have the patience and desire to complete it.
Casuals can run it on Storymode in pretty bad gear. Multiple levels of content is a good thing, if the new content doesn't assume you've done the previous stuff then people who have done the previous stuff will find it rediculously easy. Once you're in pretty much full columi you should be fine doing Lost Island just so long as nobody in your group messes up - and it is that low tolerance of mistakes which makes pugging HM LI an idea that most of us shudder at.

Hxxr's Avatar


Hxxr
07.01.2012 , 01:24 PM | #13
If you respect the mechanics and got adequate gear Lost Island is no problem.

Unless of course you bring two melee damage dealers, then the first boss might be a bit a pita.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

TheRealCandyMan's Avatar


TheRealCandyMan
07.01.2012 , 01:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
Yes HM LI is a bit silly, considering that flashpoints are the bread and butter for casual players making it inaccessible to many causuals (due to skill & gear requirements) sort of defeats the purpose.

Dont consider HM LI as a flashpoint, it's basicly a mini raid for all the players who QQ'd in the first 3 months about how easy the game was. I agree if BW continue down this path it will hurt them in the back pocket, but if your willing to learn and go back week after week then eventually you will succeed in completing this flashpoint. HM LI is a gear & skill check, both which will improve over time if you have the patience and desire to complete it.
Casuals can do the story mode and still experience all the same content as everyone else.

Tigzie's Avatar


Tigzie
07.01.2012 , 02:24 PM | #15
Im sorry but how does this hurt casuals?

If they are as you say doing the other fps like bread and butter then after they have geared up the only thing hindering them from completing it would be knowing how to do the bosses :/

If there wasnt LI people would complain about fps being weak because there is your complaining it doesnt hand you rakata gear on a plate?

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
07.01.2012 , 02:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post

Congratulations, you are now, an elitist. ^^
Nah I would only be an elitist if I demanded calculators and rub it in other people's faces if they didn't exceed more than three times the bare minimum. I for one hope to god that Bioware does not allow dps calculators or any such thing in this game. And if what people say about Rakata gear dropping here is true then yes it should be pushed into HM or Ops category this dungeon.

Thorvath's Avatar


Thorvath
07.01.2012 , 06:38 PM | #17
I did it one time back when I was running in a guild. Since I'm melee I only got a spot if they were desperate. It's far and away more difficult than the other hard modes and you should not be able to queue for it until you have at least finished the story mode version so you have an idea. Half the people I've gotten are in Tionese at best and of course have never done it. I'll only attempt it once a week via LFG since if I tried it every night I'd be broke from the repair bills.

Tigzie's Avatar


Tigzie
07.01.2012 , 10:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
it should be pushed into HM or Ops category this dungeon.
Its not a raid its a tier 2 hmfp because its a tier 2 it gives rakata gear because it can be run by 4 people it will never be classed as an op.

Please correct me if i am wrong and i apologise if i am but does the LFG tool have tier 1 hmfps on which is all the fps apart from LI?

I was also told if you complete the tier 1 you dont get the bh dailies from tier 2 on the same day?

If this is true then it clearly states in the LFG options that LI is infact a tier 2 fp so why would anyone complain about its toughness?

Im sorry for being short here but its a little annoying that people complain about having a challenge for themselves when they get to endgame so my advice is this if people are really going to rage quit over the difficulty of a hmfp instead of challenging themselves to beat it ..... go play a different game .... i suggest pac man there is no challenge there

jedifather's Avatar


jedifather
07.01.2012 , 11:02 PM | #19
ok folks, i understand that for some of you, lost island is an easy mode fp. this is NOT true of melee dps. my sentinel cannot go into LI at all because it is so anti-melee. this place is ridiculously overtuned to be dropping MAINLY columi gear. and no i'm not a fresh 50, i am 2/5 rakata with everything else besides my MH being columi. i've dont my time in FPs and OPs, and im here to tell you this place makes even denova(2/4 HM) look like a joke. so tell me plz how you justify a FLASHPOINT, t2 or not bein harder than any OP in the game?
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. SNIPER 4 LIFE!!

Tigzie's Avatar


Tigzie
07.01.2012 , 11:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jedifather View Post
ok folks, i understand that for some of you, lost island is an easy mode fp. this is NOT true of melee dps. my sentinel cannot go into LI at all because it is so anti-melee. this place is ridiculously overtuned to be dropping MAINLY columi gear. and no i'm not a fresh 50, i am 2/5 rakata with everything else besides my MH being columi. i've dont my time in FPs and OPs, and im here to tell you this place makes even denova(2/4 HM) look like a joke. so tell me plz how you justify a FLASHPOINT, t2 or not bein harder than any OP in the game?
Im assuming you mean the first boss? its usually the thing people say is the anti melee?

If so i can tell you it may take you a few tries but you will see it is possible with 2 melee dps your tank and healer.

The main thing i got wrong at first was thinking that it was a dps race to kill him its not when the arcs make it so you cant get near the droid back off wait for healing and one of the arcs surrounding to be removed and you can access to dps again as long as your tank keeps doing his job the other dps should be helping you attack however when the adds come move straight to them and take care making sure the healer doesnt get hit at all

it can be done my friend dont let it frustrate you into messing up if this isnt the part thats anti melee for you ask and ill do my best to help