Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key FOB Question

Paladan
12.18.2011 , 10:08 PM | #1
Yesterday I received my Collector's Edition, entered the product code and also entered the security key FOB option because I thought I was going to get additional in-game items that were seperate and not included in the Collectors Edition.

Not only does it not appear as though you get any other special in game items when activating the Security Key option but I am learning that it is a serious pain in the rear end ... if I loose that little physical key FOB with the codes in it I will be unable to log into the game.

So my question is, how can I de-activate the security key so that I do not have to enter it's code evertime I try to log in?

Paladan
12.18.2011 , 10:54 PM | #2
^^^^^

Rippzen
12.18.2011 , 11:46 PM | #3
There is a security key vendor in the game that will only sell you items if you have one linked to your account. I am not sure what items they sell because I don't have a fob atm.

Tenfinnvo
12.18.2011 , 11:49 PM | #4
Have the same question.

TomWhiting
12.18.2011 , 11:49 PM | #5
I'm kind of concerned about the key myself, wondering what happens when the battery runs out. However, with my luck on MMOs (people seem to stalk me for some reason), I'm going to leave it attached for as long as possible.
There is a security key vendor in Coruscant, and I'm sure there's one in pretty much every port. You have to buy the items, but they're not going to be terribly offsetting. Wouldn't want people getting an advantage because they had a key now.