Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder for Raids needs to be more Flexible

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Group Finder for Raids needs to be more Flexible

Ronxz
07.01.2012 , 11:38 AM | #1
Hello, so I was helping some friends run through story mode Eternity Vault last night. We had the usual group set-up, 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS. Several were undergeared but we managed to pull them through up to the council when our off-tank had to leave. Being that we were at the Council we knew we only needed a single tank for the remaining bosses and just sought out a DPS friend to fill the spot (as no tanks were available and we had sat in que for the 'find replacement' for a good 15-20 minutes without any luck). So imagine our surprise when we tried to bring them in only to discover that raid finder REQUIRES the group to have exactly a specific make-up of 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS or at least people who have classes which can fulfill those roles (i.e. - a powertech DPS that can pretend to fill the tank spot).

So despite having gone through the majority of the content and just because we lost our second tank when we didn't need an off-tank anymore, we had to give up the group finder daily because it would simply spam us with "Raid does not meet requirement" if we tried to bring in another dps. I think this is just an over-sight by Bioware and would really like it fixed since much of the content current in-game and available for group/raid finder only really requires a single tank (particularly at story mode level).

Does anyone know a way around this problem so my friends don't run into it in the future?
-Ronxz
"In Pace Decus, In Bello Praesidium"
Guildleader of Anthology, High Priest of the Bacon, Godfather of Middle-Earth, and Sith Overlord.

Chaqen
07.01.2012 , 01:14 PM | #2
Could of finished it with 7 people.