Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Columni and Tionese Currecy - Bind on Legacy?

Scripts
05.08.2012 , 03:14 PM | #1
I have multiple 50s that I play regularly, and I have a couple that do operations. I've bought all the columni gear I need for my operations toon that I have, and want to use that currency to help get other level 50 characters the same gear.

Are there any plans to make columni or tionese currency bind on legacy? This would allow some of us that want to have multiple operations ready characters to do it very easily, especially since most of us know the roles of those other characters as well, even though they tend to be back up characters (IE: My main operations toon is a IA Sniper, but I have a operations ready SI Assassin Tank that I have used in the past to tank operations when needed. My guild has a healer that has switched from an Operative to a Sorceror because they like the play style better, and has been having some trouble gearing the new healer due to availablity to run flashpoints.)

I understand that with the LFG tool coming in 1.3 it will be easier to gear these characters up, but with a large number of us getting currency we can't use, it would help to maybe make it useful for legacy purposes. Even if the currency could only be used to purchase legacy orange armor pieces, it would be someone useful.

Secondary suggestion: Make craftable patterns for Enhancements/Modifications/Armoring pieces available via these tokens that are operations quality, similar to the crystal patterns available via daily tokens, to allow Cybertechs and Artificers other ways to contribute to either their guilds or to add more useful items to the game economy.

Iudofaex
07.01.2012 , 01:09 PM | #2
I have a solution for you.

Buy a piece of Columi gear that you want for your alt, say a Chest Piece. Then buy an Orange Bind to Legacy Chest Piece. Pull the mods out of the Columi piece, plug them in the Orange BtL piece, and send it to your alt.

You won't get the Set Bonus but you'll have Columi gear on your alt. However, Tionese gear is SUPER easy to come by and you can buy those peices for the set bonuses and plug in your Columi mods from your Main.

You're welcome.

TheRealCandyMan
07.01.2012 , 01:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Iudofaex View Post
I have a solution for you.

Buy a piece of Columi gear that you want for your alt, say a Chest Piece. Then buy an Orange Bind to Legacy Chest Piece. Pull the mods out of the Columi piece, plug them in the Orange BtL piece, and send it to your alt.

You won't get the Set Bonus but you'll have Columi gear on your alt. However, Tionese gear is SUPER easy to come by and you can buy those peices for the set bonuses and plug in your Columi mods from your Main.

You're welcome.
This seems like a giant loophole that eventually will, or should, be patched. I've known about it for months but it just seems unintended that someone could be completely rakata geared the first day they hit 50.

Varye
07.02.2012 , 06:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
This seems like a giant loophole that eventually will, or should, be patched. I've known about it for months but it just seems unintended that someone could be completely rakata geared the first day they hit 50.
Or Bioware will keep this as a money sink.

Ancaglon
07.02.2012 , 09:44 AM | #5
There's no other viable reason for these Bind-to-Legacy oranges to exist -- 250k for an orange chest piece just for the look? I didn't understand why anyone would buy these until someone explained the mod transfers trick to me. Between the costs of buying the orange piece and ripping out the mods, a Columi-equivalent chestpiece would cost about 350k, and if you wanted to get the set bonus on the Alt, the alt would need to buy the Tionese piece, and spend another 100k to pull the mods out of the Legacy piece and put them in to the Tionese.

(Although, admittedly, belts and bracers were pretty hard to find for medium/heavy armor users before so 75k puts a ceiling on the silly prices for the drops).

However, I'd certainly be in favor of being able to buy a "bind to legacy armor token" using Commendations. If it costs significantly more tokens than buying the BoP piece, it will (a) give a reason for full Columi or better equipped mains to keep playing Hard Modes, and (b) mean fewer badly-equipped alts queuing for Hard modes. Hopefully, the combination of the 2 will help people with their first level 50 to get their own gear more easily, without too much competition from better-geared characters, be they mains, or already well-geared alts, and without the queue times becoming excessively long as geared-up people stop queueing.

The added drops of Exotech gear from hardmodes makes the Tionese shuffle more viable -- it's pretty easy to get quite a lot of Tionese commendations/crystals from hard modes, the daily and weekly quests, and from story mode operations. Using these, I've gotten my Trooper healer set up to Columi 4-piece level (1 Columi helmet token drop, exotech leg mods moved to Tionese shell, columi field tech glove mods moved to tionese shell, and black hole boots bought with BH comms moved to tionese shell) as of last night -- I kept the Battlemaster chest piece and matched the colors to that, and it all looks good and works good