Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still unable to patch game client since release of 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Still unable to patch game client since release of 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warriv
06.30.2012 , 12:52 PM | #1
After several days of attempting to patch 1.3 and being foiled by repair errors I am still unable to play the game. I finally decided to reinstall the game, but now I'm getting a repair error after installing the main assets, which then restarts the main asset download which takes hours to complete...and then I get the same repair error right after. I've had this same issue on two separate computers and I know many other people are having similar issues since the patch. Ive followed all of the steps in http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=419492#7 and the game ran fine up until the patch so I know it is nothing wrong with my computers, which leads me to the conclusion that this issue is a result of bioware *********** up. This is ridiculous that I'm paying for a service that your company is failing horribly at providing. Fix your game or provide me with information to fix the problem that is actually helpful

Ratae
06.30.2012 , 12:58 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Warriv,

Would it be possible for you to post your Dxdiag and launcher logs, so we can get an idea of what might be going wrong?

You can find details on how to get these files here.

Thank you.

Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Warriv
06.30.2012 , 05:22 PM | #3
Installation log

Spoiler

Warriv
06.30.2012 , 05:25 PM | #4
DXDiag

Spoiler

Ratae
07.01.2012 , 08:49 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Hello Warriv,

The launcher only tries to repair files when it discovers corrupt game files on your computer.

If you have to do this continually, this may be an issue caused by a problem with a sector on your hard-drive. You could try running the Chkdsk.exe program to try to recover files from any damaged areas of the disk. To do this, follow these steps:

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
  • Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  • Type ‘cmd’ and press ‘OK’.
  • Type ‘chkdsk <drive >:’ where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. ‘chkdsk c:’, and press enter
  • If errors are detected you can repair using the ‘/r’ option, e.g. ‘chkdsk c: /r’

To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
  • Select ‘Computer’ from the Windows Start Menu
  • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select ‘Properties’
  • Select the ‘Tools’ tab
  • Under ‘Error Checking’ select ‘Check now…’
  • If errors are detected, you will be prompted if you wish to repair.

Please let us know if this makes any difference.

Warriv
07.01.2012 , 11:59 AM | #6
I've managed to install the game by transferring the game files with an external hardrive from another computer. The game turns on now, but I'm having two major issues so far. 1) The chest graphic on certain characters won't display and appears as an invisible void between the rest of their body parts. 2) Im now suffering random crashes to windows, the game will be running fine without any lag, but after a few minutes it simply shuts off and Im staring at the windows desktop. I've done the disk check multiple times on my SS drive and there are no problems with it,. I now also seem to be stuck in another repair loop with the launcher trying to repair the same 10 files over and over.

Ratae
07.01.2012 , 12:10 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Warriv,

Could you please check whether any game files have been placed in quarantine by your anti-virus software, as these might be causing the repair loop issues you’ve been experiencing?

Thanks for your continued help.