Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disovery Missions.....bye bye!?!?!?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Disovery Missions.....bye bye!?!?!?!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkkChaos
06.30.2012 , 04:25 PM | #1
Ok, first off...I love this game BW - and while I appreciate the help you've provided on ticket # 5750390.....I'm a little confused!

First off - today alone, I have lost 9 Missions - I click the mission to activate it...it goes thru it's cycling process and then POOF.....nothing! No mission - just disappears!

I submitted a ticket, I believe 2 days ago (above #) - was sent an apology in game mail, along with the "missing items"........I recieved 4 'Hyper Matter Emergency Supplies' - now, I clicked these, I tried to move them....not really sure what I'm suppose to do with them. I thought maybe they had to do with my BH daily - nope, that didn't prove much either........................uber confused where my 'missing items' are located within these supplies.

What the heck is going on with this little bug - some missions work....then others wont. I'm buying these missions for anywhere from 1k to 10k - and I'm losing quite a bit on this.

I have been updating the ticket each time this happens - but, since about 24hrs ago - have seen no further updates....while I continue to lose missions.
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

Sutii
06.30.2012 , 04:55 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello DarkkChaos,

I've looked into this for you and at this time can confirm that your ticket is still being processed and the issue under investigation. Unfortunately we do have a high volume of tickets at the moment so some delay is being experienced as our Customer Service team works to resolve each case as rapidly as possible.

Rest assured your ticket will be handled in turn, and you will be contacted once it is. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

blowmedown
06.30.2012 , 05:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post
Ok, first off...I love this game BW - and while I appreciate the help you've provided on ticket # 5750390.....I'm a little confused!

First off - today alone, I have lost 9 Missions - I click the mission to activate it...it goes thru it's cycling process and then POOF.....nothing! No mission - just disappears!

I submitted a ticket, I believe 2 days ago (above #) - was sent an apology in game mail, along with the "missing items"........I recieved 4 'Hyper Matter Emergency Supplies' - now, I clicked these, I tried to move them....not really sure what I'm suppose to do with them. I thought maybe they had to do with my BH daily - nope, that didn't prove much either........................uber confused where my 'missing items' are located within these supplies.

What the heck is going on with this little bug - some missions work....then others wont. I'm buying these missions for anywhere from 1k to 10k - and I'm losing quite a bit on this.

I have been updating the ticket each time this happens - but, since about 24hrs ago - have seen no further updates....while I continue to lose missions.
I'm not sure if this will help you but maby somebody else. If you using mission discoverys and your level 400 but the mission discovery is a lower level you will need to drop down to the mission level to actually see it and send your companion.

Sutii
06.30.2012 , 06:21 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by blowmedown View Post
I'm not sure if this will help you but maby somebody else. If you using mission discoverys and your level 400 but the mission discovery is a lower level you will need to drop down to the mission level to actually see it and send your companion.
Hello again,

That is also a very good suggestion blowmedown, thank you for pointing it out. Please do try, as blowmedown suggests, checking the other level ranges available for your Crew Missions for the presence of the used Mission Discoveries.

Thanks again, if we can assist either of you with anything else please do let us know.

DarkkChaos
06.30.2012 , 08:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by blowmedown View Post
Ya, it's not that. I know you have to adjust your mission level - what happens is the mission's don't even activate. They open...then their just gone. Normally - you'll get a notice in your chat w/the mission name and then you'll go off an find it.....I get nothing. It seems to be totally random (but always seems to be my 300+ missions! )

BW - thanx for tracking this.....apologies for my harshness within the ticket, but kinda getting frustrating!

Sutii
06.30.2012 , 08:17 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello again DarkkChaos,

No apology necessary, I can fully appreciate that something like this is very frustrating as I am normally quite big into crafting myself. As advised, it is still under investigation and I do hope this is resolved for you soon.

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks.

Altairien
06.30.2012 , 10:44 PM | #7
I just submitted a BUG on this since it is not listed as a known issue. Perhaps this is the problem or related to the problem:
Quote:
Using a Mission Discovery item (from inventory) will consume the item with no warning given to the player if that Mission is already available in the Crew Management/Missions window.

Steps to reproduce:
- Take 2 identical Mission Discoveries (MD) for a crew skill
- Right click the first MD to add it to available Missions
- Verify the Mission is available
- Right click the second MD to add it to to available Missions
- The second MD is consumed and no "already exists" warning is given
- The second MD is unrecoverable (verified by logging off/on, etc.)
Btw, I used and lost a couple of MD's (340 Bioanalysis and 340 Archaeology) to verify this bug and that it occurs on more than one crew skill. I'll leave the remainder of the testing to BW since I don't have a ton of MD's to burn beta testing the game.

Sutii
06.30.2012 , 10:53 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Altairien,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention and submit a bug report via the in-game Help Center. Please note, that we take all reports very seriously, though each investigation can take some considerable time to be completed.

Please do keep any reports of such issues coming, the more information we have the better.

Thank you again, and if you do need help with anything else please let us know.

MaliceX
07.01.2012 , 12:56 AM | #9
The game used to tell you "you're already on that mission"
Now it just eats the mission if you already have a companion out on that mission.

Game acts like it gives you the mission but it doesnt because you already have a companion out on one just like it, but instead of giving you the "error" message it just takes your mission and you're SOL.

All lvl 340 missions for me. TH and Scavenging.

DarkkChaos
07.01.2012 , 09:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MaliceX View Post
The game used to tell you "you're already on that mission"
Now it just eats the mission if you already have a companion out on that mission.

Game acts like it gives you the mission but it doesnt because you already have a companion out on one just like it, but instead of giving you the "error" message it just takes your mission and you're SOL.

All lvl 340 missions for me. TH and Scavenging.
That could be exactly what it is - I have noticed that I no longer receive the notice that I'm already on that mission..................I'm just losing the mission all together. Unless your really watching - you have no idea what 5 missions I've send my companions on at any given moment.

ALSO - I received another in game mail with 5 HYPER MATTER EMERGENCY SUPPLIES - with a note stating my missing items are being returned to me. I'm not MISSING hyper matter..........I'm missing missions.... These item do NOT count towards the BH mission (as I thought they might) - and I cannot open the boxes....I cannot do anything with them..........???? Opened a ticket in game questioning what I'm suppose to do with these 'supplies' that gives me back the missing missions.............