Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher service temporarily unavailable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Patcher service temporarily unavailable?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spacemanbobr
07.01.2012 , 09:43 AM | #1
Hi, I've been getting this problem since the middle of last night, and the only change I've recently made is connecting to a new router since I'm on vacation. I know game servers are up, the website tells me that, so I am wondering if my files are corrupted somehow and whether I have to reinstall the game. Thanks

danpen
07.01.2012 , 09:48 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Spacemanbobr View Post
Hi, I've been getting this problem since the middle of last night, and the only change I've recently made is connecting to a new router since I'm on vacation. I know game servers are up, the website tells me that, so I am wondering if my files are corrupted somehow and whether I have to reinstall the game. Thanks
This is what i have wrong with my game as well.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Beesodd
07.01.2012 , 09:48 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Spacemanbobr,

Please try unticking the "remember this account" button on the launcher, and then re-enter your details.

If the issue still persists, please navigate to the game folder and run the fixlauncher.exe that can be found there.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Spacemanbobr
07.01.2012 , 09:55 AM | #4
Tried both, didn't fix the problem, is there anything else I can do besides uninstalling and re-installing at this point?

dreamlucas
07.01.2012 , 09:59 AM | #5
gyess im not the only one having this problem then

danpen
07.01.2012 , 10:01 AM | #6
Why did it have to happen today.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Beesodd
07.01.2012 , 10:09 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Spacemanbobr,

Hopefully it will not come to that. Please navigate to the game folder, and search for a folder named "Patch". If this is present, please delete it and run the fixlauncher again.
If this does not help, can you please post up a copy of your most recent launcher log, this will help to indicate the source of the issue.
Spoiler
dreamlucas, are you getting the same error? If so, please try the steps above, and if these fail, please post up your logs, as above.

Danpen, your issue appears to be a different one, with different troubleshooting steps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

dreamlucas
07.01.2012 , 10:10 AM | #8
anyone getting it say teir authentication certificate isnt valid when u try to run it as a admin

dreamlucas
07.01.2012 , 10:12 AM | #9
i have no folder saying patch, have tried the repair launcher and running it as a admin and it says certificate authentication failed contact customer support

danpen
07.01.2012 , 10:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dreamlucas View Post
i have no folder saying patch, have tried the repair launcher and running it as a admin and it says certificate authentication failed contact customer support
Why's that.?