Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Target Nearest Enemy"

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Qural
06.30.2012 , 09:04 PM | #1
The changes you made in 1.3 on "Target Nearest Enemy" simply drives me crazy - playing a melee and standing in a group of mobs trying to get the next target by hitting "Target Nearest Target" and it starte to target a range target instead of targeting the one right next to you is simply too stupid - enough to actually ruin the gameplay.

"NEAREST Enemy" is the one right next to you and not the one 10 miles away, try any game with that option, I have played tons of mmo and never have I seen something like this when targeting and enemy in a game !!!

So instead of sitting here and getting mad over some programmer that think he is smart and dont know what "NEAREST Target" is, Im starting to look around for another mmo - this is simply too stupid.

Sutii
06.30.2012 , 09:40 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Qural,

I can fully appreciate your frustation with such an issue, I also prefer to play melee characters and something like this can most definitely be our bane. It is for this reason that I would ask that you submit a bug report concerning this matter, as the more reports on an issue we receive the more information we have and this ensures the investigation into such is as thorough as possible.

You are currently able to submit bug reports in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding, apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Qural
06.30.2012 , 09:44 PM | #3
Already did that and got an ingame chat with a GM that told me that it was going to work like that from now on! So my only option is to find another mmo.

Sutii
06.30.2012 , 09:53 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello again Qural,

I've just looked over this and, if you don't mind the suggestion, resubmitting a new ticket clearly stating the issue in the format I've outlined above should ensure that the bug report is treated as such and forwarded for further investigation.

Alternatively you can head over to our Suggestion Box and post your thoughts there on how this function should work.

Please do note hesitate to contact us if we can assist you further.

Thanks.

Qural
06.30.2012 , 10:22 PM | #5
As I wrote in previous "Suggestion Box" and the "bug report" it already worked as it should in 1.2 but was changed in 1.3. And as I told the GM I was talking to.
Why change something that is working - If it isn't broke, dont fix it !

Im a programmer myself for almost 30 years and playing mmo's is a grate hobby of my, normally playing 2-3 mmo's until SWTOR came out, loved it up till now - but playing like this now is simply not worth it.

Sutii
06.30.2012 , 10:58 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello again Qural,

As I said I really can appreciate the frustration it causes, I have myself time and again lost valuable time in the heat of combat trying to get the correct target and it is especially noticeable on melee characters. I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to post over in the Suggestion Box, please be aware that although it may not receive a reply, the Forum is monitored constantly and all feedback taken on board.

I do hope that you are able to persevere until this issue is corrected and can again only apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I we can help you with anything else do let us know.

Thanks.

Blackardin
07.01.2012 , 07:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Qural View Post
As I wrote in previous "Suggestion Box" and the "bug report" it already worked as it should in 1.2 but was changed in 1.3. And as I told the GM I was talking to.
Why change something that is working - If it isn't broke, dont fix it !

Im a programmer myself for almost 30 years and playing mmo's is a grate hobby of my, normally playing 2-3 mmo's until SWTOR came out, loved it up till now - but playing like this now is simply not worth it.
Why are you using that option? tab target is working great now (target NEXT enemy). It cycles from nearest to furthest away in a frontal cone which provides you with a very intuitive method of targeting. You also have "target center screen enemy" that will lock on to the target you are staring at with absolute precision.

I have the same experience in these games as you, as both a casual and hard core raid tank. I've never, ever used "target closest enemy" as I find it second rate and too restrictive. It simply is not the best option, but I'll do some testing on it and report my findings to them if I see something wrong with it.

Try the suggestions I posted. May take a bit to get used to it, but once you do you may never go back. Worth a try rather then give up on a game that you seem to be enjoying otherwise. Right?
May the Schwartz be with you....

danpen
07.01.2012 , 08:39 AM | #8
It is better then it used to be that is what i think.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.