Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fine until latest update

Derriden
12.18.2011 , 10:38 PM | #1
Have been playing since the beginning of early access on the highest video settings with no issues at all. Today it's been playing up quite a lot with constant hangs. It's usually when I do something like open the map or move from one named area to another. Opening other windows (vendor, mailbox etc.) has been doing it to. It got to the point where the client crashed several times in a row. Now I'm back in a 45 minute queue.

Like I said, not a single problem until today. I noticed an update downloading when I started the launcher, was about 7mb worth of download.

GeForce 590 GTX
i7 980
24GB Ram
G1 Guerilla MB
(all up to date)

Just saying there *might* be something wrong with the latest update. Possibly.

Derriden
12.18.2011 , 11:02 PM | #2
OK, after the 50 minutes of queue time I got back in and it did the same thing. I reduced all the video settings down to mediu/low. Same thing. And was put back in the ridiculous queue.

I'm now repairing the client to see if that fixes it.

This would all be fine if it weren't for having to wait nearly an hour just to login to a game.

Derriden
12.18.2011 , 11:09 PM | #3
That didn't work.

So I created a new character on a different server and the problems have gone away. Even with graphics turned all the way back up.

I'll rejoin the (massive) queue for my server and create a new character to see if its a server issue or a location issue.

Any GM input would be appreciated.

Voffi
12.18.2011 , 11:11 PM | #4
Squadron 950A - Game tester

Derriden
12.18.2011 , 11:21 PM | #5
Yep. In Taris. Cheers.

Hope they fix it soon. Will try and get a recall to the fleet in before it crashes if I can.

finnen
12.18.2011 , 11:43 PM | #6
im on the station and getting this same issue its from overloaded servers im thinking because if i change to a different server that has normal population game runs great