Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It can't just be me-Huge lag spikes after Wednesday Maintenance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
It can't just be me-Huge lag spikes after Wednesday Maintenance

Pandahman
07.01.2012 , 03:26 AM | #1
Day of 1.3, everything was jolly. With the new graphic choices, I was able to get my fps running to 100. After that random emergency maintenance (Game and Webpage went down) everything hasn't been so pleasant. I get huge lag spikes where even trying to walk, everything would freeze for a few seconds and then all of a sudden my toon is running into a wall.

I've repaired the game, re-downloaded Direct X, made sure all drivers and OS was up to date, bought a system cleaner to fix registry errors and the such and I'm still getting bad lag. I left my toon on Hoth and it takes about 5 minutes for it to load. It use to be a 40 second load prior to 1.3.

Surely, I can't be the only one this is happening to?

Salacious Crumb
Even he Has an Epic Star Wars: EU Lore

Flixx
07.01.2012 , 05:26 AM | #2
It's not just you. I have the same issue and it seems to have started around the same time. I've restarted my comp, restarted my modem, checked my drivers, ran the repair tool etc. I've talked to several players all have similar issues. So far the only thing that has stopped the lag spikes is changing my settings from high to low. High setting used to run smooth no issues. I think bloom might be the cause but when I feel like it I'll test it more and possibly send an in-game ticket. Hope this helps.