Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bug with group finder and guild

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bug with group finder and guild
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Miralda
07.01.2012 , 03:31 AM | #1
Hello,

Last night, I was about to do the daily hm run using the group finder with a couple friends of mine and we used the group finder to get the last person we needed. Then followed the series of game play ruining bugs.

1. Half of the group "readied" and the other half as well. But we were not able to see the other two being ready for the group so we left the group.

2. Leaving the group resulted as being locked out from using the group finder for 8 minutes or 10 minutes don't remember the exact time right now. This much I do not see as a bug. But apart from not being able to use the group finder we were not able to invite each other into groups.

- For my character it said "the character does not exist" so my friend could not invite me.
- The same friend tried to invite another person but the prompt said " - person- is busy."
- When I tried to invite my friend, the prompt said " -person- is in a group already."
None of the above was right.

3. While we were trying to sort out what happened we relogged a couple times, and did not really notice it was after which relog but not only the group bug stayed as it is, we got another bug. I was guildless. So was the friend who appeared in a group. In the guild list, we were there. But we did not have a guild not above our heads nor in the chat list. When they tried to invite us back to guild it said "-person- is already in the guild" and we tried to /gquit it said "you are not in a guild" What we had to do was to get an officer to kick me, then reinvite - which only worked for a while. But the other person who had the same issue is an officer so an officer could not kick him and we had to reach the guild leader to get him kicked, re-invited. Which means we lost about 1.5 hours during the process. Right, we were back in our guilds but still not able to group up. Already made the tickets so we hopped on another char, did some daily missions. The bugs did not end here. After we've done daily missions, we logged on the characters who had the problems. We found out that they are again "guildless - but in the guild" and still could not get a group.

As I mentioned above, we already made in-game tickets, they are yet to be answered and the problem is still there which prevents us to play our characters due to the fact that we neither can get groups or converse in our guild chat. I am not a very demanding person by nature, but I kind of expected this to be solved fast, which was not what happened.

Expecting answers regarding the bugs and issues.

Cheers

Ogada
07.01.2012 , 04:23 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Miralda,

Sounds like a pretty frustrating series of issues there alright. If it is indeed a bug, which it does sound like to me given what you have described, it will be sent to the development team to be investigated.

I cannot promise a fast fix for this as I am not a developer. If there is any way for the in-game CSR to help you when they get to your ticket though, they will.

Thank you for the report and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Miralda
07.01.2012 , 04:55 AM | #3
Hello, thanks fo your response.

As a software engineer, I do think it is a bug indeed, but yes, sure, we should wait for the development team to investigate. But this will cost me and my friend, daily commendations, black hole commendations, operations and many other stuff we could have done using our level 50 characters - that has the bug. That is one issue. Considering this happened on a saturday, I do think it is very frustrating.

The other issue I would like to remind you is that, as a developing and expanding guild, because we had a "bug" or whatever you may call it. But I would like you to understand that, as a not very big guild, we have lost a geared tank and a geared dps, which consequences with a hit on our operation runs as well, kind of having an impact on more people than just the two who has the issues.