Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Near-instant Crash to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Near-instant Crash to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ooloi
06.30.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1
FYI.

Since the patches this week, I have had 2 CTD in the past 24-36 hours. Both of them involve a very brief pause, as though there was lag, then the entire window collapses and the game process is gone, in less than 2 seconds.

I had experienced a couple of the game lock-ups last month where it lagged, then you got a loading screen that would seize up with a partial loading bar, but other than that I've had no problems ever loading and playing the game.

Nothing has changed on my end; it's the game.

This message is to let you know that the problem is occurring, so you can begin seeing how many people it is affecting.

dragonfingaz
06.30.2012 , 11:09 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ooloi View Post
FYI.

Since the patches this week, I have had 2 CTD in the past 24-36 hours. Both of them involve a very brief pause, as though there was lag, then the entire window collapses and the game process is gone, in less than 2 seconds.

I had experienced a couple of the game lock-ups last month where it lagged, then you got a loading screen that would seize up with a partial loading bar, but other than that I've had no problems ever loading and playing the game.

Nothing has changed on my end; it's the game.

This message is to let you know that the problem is occurring, so you can begin seeing how many people it is affecting.
I'm having the same problem!!

Sutii
06.30.2012 , 11:19 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Ooloi & dragonfingaz,

I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue, could I request that you please try the following:
  1. Please ensure the client is closed.
  2. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  3. Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\
  4. Open the settings folder and then open the client_settings.ini file
  5. Ensure the following are displayed within, or edit/add if so required:
    • Fullscreen = false
    • D3DFullScreen = false
    • RefreshRate = 60
  6. Save and close the file.
  7. Start the game as normal.
  8. Change graphic settings within the game as desired.
Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Ooloi
07.01.2012 , 07:32 AM | #4
Done.

I'll see what happens; if I don't get anymore CTDs in the next couple of days, I'll report back a confirmation.

And thanks!