Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HM Ops Enrage timer changed?


JRonnie's Avatar


JRonnie
06.30.2012 , 10:31 AM | #21
Exactly. I'm all for challenging fights, but 'new' challenging fights. MMO 101 is don't suddenly make content that people have been rolling for months more difficult so that they start wiping on it. Kinda ruins any sense of progression they might have.

Brittaany_Banks's Avatar


Brittaany_Banks
06.30.2012 , 10:31 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jackobite View Post
are you complaining about ... nvm

Not alot of fun going into hmev and seeing soa wipe us after consistantly defeating it with our usuall team, one group crys its all so easy and the devs make it harder, why shouldnt the other side moan when it gets too hard for them?
So where is the balance then? One side is going to be disappointed. I'd rather it be challenging than not challenging.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

JRonnie's Avatar


JRonnie
06.30.2012 , 10:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
So where is the balance then? One side is going to be disappointed. I'd rather it be challenging than not challenging.
Unless you've got nightmare of everything down, there's already a more challenging fight to move on to. We're trying to gear up to do the more harder raids now that we've had EV hard mode on farm. To be put back a few steps due to Bioware changing mechanics isn't fun, it's just frustrating to try and get back to where we were progression wise.

Jackobite's Avatar


Jackobite
06.30.2012 , 10:41 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
So where is the balance then? One side is going to be disappointed. I'd rather it be challenging than not challenging.
Good question, its one for BW to answer tho, I just play what they give me.

Im not in the "its too hard camp" (yet) we got beat up coz as you say we were sleepwalking, we done it many times easy we have a laught about beating the faster time without a wipe, and boom timers are tigheter, soa isnt acting exacly the same so we lost out.
We will recover, wake up, Ill start pointing at people not working hard enough if I have to
CE

Retneprac's Avatar


Retneprac
06.30.2012 , 12:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
What was your group makeup? We did it this week with 3 tanks, 5 healers, 8 dps and didn't have an issue. I think your dps are severely slacking.
Yeah, we had a 4th healer, and 2 moron juggs that were tank specced trying to dps. I think that was the problem, in fact I know that was the problem, but nobody wants to listen to me. While we could do it with this makeup before, it's just not possible anymore.

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
06.30.2012 , 12:24 PM | #26
Haven't seen anything like this, but our ops group this week was heavy on Madness Sorcs and Pyros. My guess is the armor debuff changes hurt you and didn't affect us hardly at all.

havok_bloodcraft's Avatar


havok_bloodcraft
06.30.2012 , 12:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by VulcanLogic View Post
Not really seeing a damage decrease, with all the augments people are using now.
Translation is the game was rebalanced for people augmenting every slot so now what before was an added boost is now mandatory.

Olostur's Avatar


Olostur
06.30.2012 , 02:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by havok_bloodcraft View Post
Translation is the game was rebalanced for people augmenting every slot so now what before was an added boost is now mandatory.
This week we did EC HM with a gunslinger in full Columi, a sentinel in rakata, and no DPS in full black hole/campaign, and we were fine on enrage timers. Why were we fine on enrage timers? Because we never got in the habit of relying on armor rend stacking to get fights down.

The enrage timers on EC do not require perfect play. In fact, they require something significantly lower than the maximum DPS that a class can put out, as evidenced by the gear level of our last group. What it comes down to is that you have to learn the fight, learn your class, and learn to optimally work around the mechanics.

A lot of people now are realizing that their DPS isn't nearly as good as they thought it was, now that they can no long rely on a crutch. The rest of us are perfectly fine.

Happy gaming.
~ Darth Decimal ~

Justcae's Avatar


Justcae
06.30.2012 , 02:46 PM | #29
What I've always been amused by in all forms of MMO community is that when people are ...

a) Terrible players. These players can even be geared. They can be in the fanciest gear ever, but due to being surrounded by good players they get carried through content. When content changes so that they can no longer be carried, they hurt their raid and complain. These players typically only understand that "bigger is better" and really have no clue as to how to properly optimize their class. Even if in fact they went on to one "them fancy websites" and are still stunned that they in fact fail. Hint: Some of those site were not programmed by the best and brightest.

b) Uninformed players. This can either be from not paying attention to actual mechanics, or it is in fact that you are playing in a sub-optimal way. These players are not truly to blame for their own actions so to speak. Building and gearing towards mechanics that they don't really understand, only that what they are doing seems to work.

Now I will not ever say that anyone in this thread is one or the other. I've never played with you. Some of the things that people are saying may make me lean to putting them in one category or the other, but honestly, I can not say for sure.

I can say that EC HM is absolutely doable, without a full raid of campaign geared people. It very much is within your own hands, without full augmented gear, to be able to see where you can improve and make the best of your raid and your own individual players. My guild definitely has a wide margin for how people are geared, and being able to min/max on their own. However by looking at the fights and seeing how we can do it, with what we bring to the table, we have all content on farm. There are no tricks to beating these fights, just simple understanding that X is going to happen at Y time, how can we maximize our up time on DPS?

In point of fact the only thing that I can complain about is server lag while placing purple circles of infinite doom. But that's a separate matter all together. Best of luck transforming yourselves from A or B players into one of us other people.