Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

server list empty

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rude_kid
06.30.2012 , 09:14 AM | #1
Hi, for some reason, when I log in, instead of going to my character choice page, the game goes straight to the server choice page, which is empty, I try to open a ticket, but then a msg pops up that tells me I'm unable to retrive the server list, it gives an error code '4001' and to follow the link below, when i do that the game crashes.

Beesodd
06.30.2012 , 09:20 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi rude_kid,

There's a few reasons why the game might not be able to communicate with the servers, but be able to log in. The following steps should help.

First of all, please try running the repair function on the launcher. This can be found by clicking the cog icon after logging in.

If this does not help, please ensure that the correct ports are open on your router, and please ensure that the game program(swtor.exe) is added to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions list. You may need to remove and re-add these due to the recent patch.

Please let us know if these steps help.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

rude_kid
06.30.2012 , 09:38 AM | #3
Sorry, these suggestions have not fixed it

Beesodd
06.30.2012 , 09:48 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for getting back to me.

Please also try power-cycling your router(and a computer restart if you have not done so already).

Please ensure that you are not using a proxy, and that you are not utilising any traffic management softeware.

rude_kid
06.30.2012 , 10:33 AM | #5
still nothing I'm afraid, error msg is still 4001

Beesodd
06.30.2012 , 11:22 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I'm sorry to hear that this is on-going.

Please navigate to the game folder and run the fixlauncher.exe that can be found there.

Also, to help us rule out this issue being caused by a conflicting program I would ask you to please try running the launcher after booting in Safe Mode with networking. To do this please follow the steps below:
  • Press Windows Key + R and type in “msconfig”
  • Select the tab “Boot” and select “Safe boot” and “Network”. (Windows 7)
    or select the tab “boot.ini” and select bootoption “/safeboot”. (Windows XP)
  • Press OK or Apply and reboot.
  • Windows will now boot in save mode with networking activated.
  • Try to run the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Launcher again.
  • Once you are done with this (successful or not) you may want to turn Safe Mode back off:
  • Follow the steps above again and de-select the safe boot option.
Please let us know how this goes, and if you still get the same error.

rude_kid
06.30.2012 , 11:46 AM | #7
i ran the fixlauncher, then in safe mode i got the following error:

internal error C7
incompatible system

which i don't understand as the system was compatible on tuesday

Beesodd
06.30.2012 , 12:00 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Ok, thank you in this case, error code c7 indicates your computer is not strong enough to play the game(possibly due to the correct drivers not loading due to the game being in safe mode). As long as the error does not persist once you switch out of safe mode, you should be fine.

If the game and launcher were added to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions list before, please remove them and re-add them, as there have been some recent changes to the game, and your firewall may be unsure which program it's still leaving through the exceptions list.

Also, please ensure that both the launcher and the game are set to run in windows XP service patch 3 compatibility mode, as having only one set as this can cause this problem. Thanks.

rude_kid
07.01.2012 , 03:10 AM | #9
and how would i know if it's working service pack 3

Bronholz
07.01.2012 , 04:01 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by rude_kid View Post
and how would i know if it's working service pack 3
Greetings rude_kid,

Please go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Please then right click on the 'launcher' application, chose 'Properties' and then 'Compatibility'. Here you will see the option to run in Windows XP (Service Pack 3), please select this, hit 'Apply'.

Then open the 'swtor' folder above this, then into the 'retailclient' folder and please then follow the process above for the 'swtor' application listed here.

Please then launch the game again to see if this affects the issue.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support