Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All Combat Sentinels please read this. Skill not working at all

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
All Combat Sentinels please read this. Skill not working at all
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Venjirai
06.29.2012 , 02:27 PM | #1
The skill "opportune attack" which gives the next focus spender 10% more damage does not work.
The proc itself disappears when using an attack like blade storm or blade rush, but the damage is the same without the proc, instead of 10% more damage.

Please report this via ingame support so they fix this soon.
Taten > Worte

drfumblez
06.29.2012 , 03:02 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Venjirai View Post
The skill "opportune attack" which gives the next focus spender 10% more damage does not work.
The proc itself disappears when using an attack like blade storm or blade rush, but the damage is the same without the proc, instead of 10% more damage.

Please report this via ingame support so they fix this soon.
Are you absolutely certain? because whenever it's up, i ALWAYS make sure to use blade storm or our execute, and that buff is the only difference for me between a 2.2k crit and a 2.5k crit. At least, that what my log is telling me. /shrug.

Venjirai
06.29.2012 , 04:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Are you absolutely certain? because whenever it's up, i ALWAYS make sure to use blade storm or our execute, and that buff is the only difference for me between a 2.2k crit and a 2.5k crit. At least, that what my log is telling me. /shrug.
I tested it for about 10 mins with Blade Rush, Blade Storm, Crippling Throw, the damage is the same.
What you might be experiencing is min-max damage. I crit between 3 - 3.5k with Blade Storm without Precision Slash and the Proc does not change a thing.
Taten > Worte

AidanLightwalker
06.29.2012 , 08:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Venjirai View Post
I tested it for about 10 mins with Blade Rush, Blade Storm, Crippling Throw, the damage is the same.
What you might be experiencing is min-max damage. I crit between 3 - 3.5k with Blade Storm without Precision Slash and the Proc does not change a thing.
are you using precision slash off of the gcd? i find that my ps uses up my oppertune strike. i br and then slip it in during the gcd so that master strike and bladestorm get the effects of ps.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Venjirai
06.30.2012 , 05:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
are you using precision slash off of the gcd? i find that my ps uses up my oppertune strike. i br and then slip it in during the gcd so that master strike and bladestorm get the effects of ps.
Precision Slash wasn't involved in testing the +10% damage.
Taten > Worte

Elear
06.30.2012 , 01:22 PM | #6
Sadly, it's true.
My Blade Storm has toolip damage 1750-1814. On dummy with 5% armor it hits on average for 1696, that's 1785 before mitigation. 1925 is lower end of Blade Storm on steroids(with Opportune Attacks active), so lowest possible damage on that target should be 1828 if everything was working. Since I didn't see any hit close to that, or any real difference between hits with buff and without, I guess Opportune Attacks really doesn't work.

Venjirai
06.30.2012 , 01:41 PM | #7
I would be nice, if all of you create a bug report with that matter, so it get's fixed soon.
Taten > Worte

APeckenpaugh
06.30.2012 , 05:11 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the report, Venjirai. I'll take a look at this and see what's going on.
Austin Peckenpaugh
Class Designer

Lazirus-
07.01.2012 , 03:39 AM | #9
Was there a BioWare post in here?
"It is said correctly that law exists not for the just but for the unjust, for the just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar."
Master Fitze Felix | Jedi Shadow | The Harbinger

Venjirai
07.01.2012 , 01:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazirus- View Post
Was there a BioWare post in here?
There isn't, but there is the Bioware Icon, very strange.,
Taten > Worte