Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3x 30 minute Flashpoints >> 1x 1:30 Flashpoint...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
3x 30 minute Flashpoints >> 1x 1:30 Flashpoint...

Galbatorrix
06.29.2012 , 06:20 AM | #1
Anyone else agree? I did Kaon Under Siege for the first time last night and good god is it long. No one knew the fights, which are all very mechanically driven, so we did wipe some, which didn't help the speed, but all in all, we were probably in there for 2 hours. I would much rather have a FP that has maybe 30 minutes of actual fighting with maybe 10-15 minutes of story sequences. That way, the FPs would feel nice and long the first time, but they wouldn't be ridiculously long there after when everyone starts hammering the space bar. If they did make the FPs shorter, they could make more and give the game more variety. All in all, I loved the boss fights, but the place just seemed to drag on forever.

Also, on a side note, KR-82 Expulser (bonus boss) is ridiculous.... why do SM FPs have enrage timers anyway? We wiped about 5 times on this guy due to the enrage timer. There's no way he would have beat us otherwise, because both times it was after the second set of probes were killed and the boss had like 20% health left. Both times the group was in fine condition until he enraged and then started one shotting everyone. We ended up just skipping this boss, which is extremely lame... (not to mention my 20K repair bill).

matzackjones
06.29.2012 , 06:25 AM | #2
I am sure we will see some streamlining of the current roster of HM FPs, considering more are now actually able to get into these instances and experience them due to LFG. I agree though, some of these FPs are great to play through ... some less so. I am sure BW are learning the lessons that need to be learnt.

ADPowah
06.29.2012 , 02:10 PM | #3
Ya that bonus boss is rough. In SM my brother and I gave up on him yet we duo the FP on HM. We've never tried him on HM since we outgrew the instance.
What I want: 1) Dual spec for me and my comps 2) missions where I fight with all of my comps at once, we are a team 3) playable comp-only missions 4) Free flight PVE and PVP Space combat (i.e. X-Wing multiplayer) 5) Instanced areas that change based on our story, sand-box areas that are open.

Aetou
06.29.2012 , 04:47 PM | #4
The current Flashpoints DO take 30-45 minutes once you know what you're doing.