Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting clarification?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Legacy of Crafting clarification?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chimunga
06.28.2012 , 11:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

So all this time I could have been crafting augment kits and augments with a higher chance!?!?

You all fail SO HARD.
"All this time" is like 3 days, dude. Calm down.

Glower
06.28.2012 , 03:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by nezitx View Post
AllisonBerryman, does it increase your companions chance to critical on resource missions? Or only on producing crafted items?
Quote: Originally Posted by TallonAybara View Post
I would like a clarification on this as well.
Yeah. Allison?

Last_Hearth
06.28.2012 , 05:03 PM | #23
Well, it says Legacy of "Crafting", so I'd guess no it doesn't affect gathering skills. They will, probably, later introduce "Legacy of Gathering".

Cupelixx
06.28.2012 , 06:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings ScicleX,

Dacce has provided the correct information.

This Legacy perk only affects crafting when you are making an item that can be crit-crafted with an augment slot for example weapons and armor.

Crafting of such items as item modifications are not impacted by this perk.

Thank you in advance!

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).
Something is wrong with this picture. Come on, which is correct Bioware?

Yogol
06.28.2012 , 09:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

So all this time I could have been crafting augment kits and augments with a higher chance!?!?

You all fail SO HARD
No, they're not kidding you, this is a typical Bioware communication. These people have no idea how to talk to MMO players: a dev post says one thing, a dev blog says something else, the tooltip is extremely vague and even now that they clarified it in another post, we STILL have questions regarding gathering missions.

But posting on the forums how to pronounce ''Columni'', THAT is worth doing right!

Quote: Originally Posted by chimunga View Post
"All this time" is like 3 days, dude. Calm down.
No, it's not just three days. This question was asked during testing several times.

Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Until they actually change the tooltip, I'm going to expect it does exactly what the tooltip says. Increases chance of an augmented item.
That's not what the tooltip says... the tooltip says ''increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting''. Getting 2 items instead of 1 is an augmented result too, no?
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Micadog
06.29.2012 , 10:21 AM | #26
Any chance of some clarification on this issue before those that know go off for the weekend?

GnatB
06.29.2012 , 10:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
the tooltip is extremely vague

the tooltip says ''increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting''. Getting 2 items instead of 1 is an augmented result too, no?
No, it's not. That's a bonus result, or an extra result. or a critical result where you get an extra. (Sure, I guess if you really want to twist it, the strict english definition of "augmented" is "made larger, enlarged in size, number, strength, or extent". But in the terminology of THIS game, there is only one meaning. And it deals with augment slots. Trying to read any other meaning in is trying to twist it to mean something it obviously doesn't. Just look at the terminology used any time they talk about that bonus copy. They're always very specific about it.)

Splaktar
06.29.2012 , 02:18 PM | #28
Ugh. Now we have 2 conflicting reports about how the perk behaves. I guess I'll have to buy it just in case.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

ryonavin
06.29.2012 , 07:25 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
No, it's not just three days. This question was asked during testing several times.
that's not what was being referenced.. the poster was QQing about the potential lost crit rate since the patch went live..which was 3 days.

FormlessOne
06.29.2012 , 10:54 PM | #30
The next time anyone asks "hey, why would we hire a technical writer," or "hey, why would we spend money on UI text review," well, you're looking at an example what happens when you don't do either step. Even the folks who work on the product are confused as to how this works, and that happens when you don't have clear docs or UI text.