Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

LFG Tool (Transport to Fleet and Not to Original Location)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
LFG Tool (Transport to Fleet and Not to Original Location)

RattyRattail's Avatar


RattyRattail
06.29.2012 , 09:13 AM | #1
Anyone else find it somewhat inconvenient that the LFG tool puts you back on the fleet and not back to the place you were at originally. I find this to be a rather large inconvenience myself because it pretty much means that I need to queue for LFG on the fleet instead of on multiple planets as I don't want to spend the time traveling back to my original location.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán - 55 Sniper | Dhiya - 55 Shadow
Cáde - 55 Gunslinger | Nermall - 55 Assassin

Mayeh's Avatar


Mayeh
06.29.2012 , 09:17 AM | #2
How is this different than before. You would stand around the fleet shouting or waiting for shouts. If you were off somewhere else and a buddy said, "Hey let's go with this group and do a flashpoint." You would have to travel to fleet and when you were done, travel back. Not understanding what your problem is?

Xiahoufig's Avatar


Xiahoufig
06.29.2012 , 09:24 AM | #3
It's because that's the way pretty much every other group finder tool works. You're out in the world queued up for a dungeon, the queue pops, you accept it, get sent to the dungeon, finish it, and the game sends you back to where you were before you accepted the queue.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Screaming_Ziva's Avatar


Screaming_Ziva
06.29.2012 , 09:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RattyRattail View Post
Anyone else find it somewhat inconvenient that the LFG tool puts you back on the fleet and not back to the place you were at originally. I find this to be a rather large inconvenience myself because it pretty much means that I need to queue for LFG on the fleet instead of on multiple planets as I don't want to spend the time traveling back to my original location.
Before the group finder, you would have to stand around on fleet spamming LFG trying to find a group to do a flashpoint. During this time you were able to pretty much do NOTHING else.

Now, you can enter the queue, go do whatever you want, do the Flashpoint when a group is put together, and then travel 5 minutes or less back to your original destination.

You're upset about this?

RattyRattail's Avatar


RattyRattail
06.29.2012 , 12:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Before the group finder, you would have to stand around on fleet spamming LFG trying to find a group to do a flashpoint. During this time you were able to pretty much do NOTHING else.

Now, you can enter the queue, go do whatever you want, do the Flashpoint when a group is put together, and then travel 5 minutes or less back to your original destination.

You're upset about this?
Yes, that's exactly what I find irritating about this. I don't like the interruption (the travel back time) in what I'm currently doing on a planet. It's time needlessly wasted to get back to the point I was at with whatever I was doing on that planet in the first place. In Rift the LFG tool would drop you back to your original location. Why not in SWTOR as well? They already do this for PvP. It's a quality of life thing.

And you seem to think that I'm against the LFG tool in some way. Which isn't the case. It is a nice addition, but that doesn't mean just because its there it can't be improved upon. All I'm saying is it would be a step in the right direction for it to drop you back in your original location.

I want to have my cake and eat it too!
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán - 55 Sniper | Dhiya - 55 Shadow
Cáde - 55 Gunslinger | Nermall - 55 Assassin

Screaming_Ziva's Avatar


Screaming_Ziva
06.29.2012 , 12:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RattyRattail View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I find irritating about this. I don't like the interruption in what I'm currently doing on a planet.
Then don't use it. It's that simple.

Bioware has stated that, as the way flashpoints are currently set up, they can't pop you back to where you were. I think they said they are looking at changing it but I don't remember for sure.

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
06.29.2012 , 12:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RattyRattail View Post
I don't like the interruption in what I'm currently doing on a planet.
Then you should not use group finder.

And even if it did send you back to where you were, it would still interrupt what you were doing when you go in to do the flashpoint.

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
06.29.2012 , 01:09 PM | #8
I have to agree with the OP I dont really care for that either. I think it would be more convenient to have it drop you back where you zoned from. Not that im complaining about the LFG tool I think its great so far.

Mayeh's Avatar


Mayeh
06.29.2012 , 01:22 PM | #9
One of the other things to consider, and probably why BW says it's a problem. There are a bunch of Flashpoints where you have to talk to Satele Shan (republic side) after you complete the Flashpoint. This would likely have to be removed or modified if you didn't return to the Flashpoint entrance. Just thinking this may explain it for now.

RattyRattail's Avatar


RattyRattail
06.29.2012 , 01:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Then you should not use group finder.

And even if it did send you back to where you were, it would still interrupt what you were doing when you go in to do the flashpoint.
If you're gong to quote someone make sure to include the whole sentence . I said I dislike the interruption where I have to travel back to my original location. If I'm using the group finder I'm obviously fine with interrupting my regular scheduled programming to run the flashpoint, but I would prefer if it would drop me back to my original location so I can pick up right where I left off.

This is how there PvP system works. I believe that the same system should be used with their LFG tool.

If you're fine with the way it works. That's great. I just feel it can be improved upon, and was trying to see if others felt the same way. I really enjoyed Rifts system for this where it would plant you back at your take off point, and it also included cross-server queues for PvE as well as PvP.
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán - 55 Sniper | Dhiya - 55 Shadow
Cáde - 55 Gunslinger | Nermall - 55 Assassin