[Guide] Companion Gifts & Affection Guide

Almar

Companion Gift & Affection Guide

Companion Gifts are the easiest way to raise your Companion's Affection levels. Rank 1 and 2 of these gifts can be purchased from a vendor in the Fleet Station but all other ranks must be gathered through Mission Crew Skills. If you don't have any Mission Crew Skills you can always just purchase these gifts from the Auction House. The rank 5 blue ones aren't that expensive and there are usually tons on the Auction House at all times.

Depending on what Companion you have determines what gift you will want to give to them. Not all Companions like the same gifts and not only that but there are three different levels in which they can give you Affection for the gift. Love being the highest affection gain per gift, Favorite being the second most and Like being the least. It will be cheapest and most effective to feed them gifts they Love rather than gifts they like or that are their favorite. However, not all Companions have gifts that they Love, some only have Favorites as their max gift (Qyzen Fess being a prime example). If you'd like to see a list of what gifts each Companion takes, follow the link below.

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/gettingstarted/classes/companions/

What Is The Best Way To Raise My Companion's Affection?

That is probably the most common question players ask and the answer is by starting out with Rank 5 gifts (Blue or Epic ones) and just feeding them the gifts until max. It will be more expensive by about 10k Credits per Companion but you will save HOURS of time by skipping the earlier gift ranks. Since you have to wait 30 seconds inbetween giving your Companion a gift starting out with a low rank gift will take entirely way too long. For this reason I am only going to chart out the Rank 5 Blue and Epic gifts for each Companion.

If you want to start out with lower rank gifts because you're raising a Mission Crew Skill then all you need to know is Rank 1 Gifts stop giving affection at 6k and Rank 2 gifts stop giving affection at 8k. The rest give affection up to max.

First up, let's take a look at the "Love" gifts.

Complete List of Rank 5 "Love" Gifts

"Love" Gifts : 0 - 2000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 144 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 240 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 576 Affection per gift

"Love" Gifts : 2000 - 4000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 144 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 240 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 576 Affection per gift

"Love" Gifts : 4000 - 6000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 125 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 208 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 499 Affection per gift

"Love" Gifts : 6000 - 8000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 106 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 176 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 422 Affection per gift

"Love" Gifts : 8000 - 10000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 96 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 160 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 384 Affection per gift

Complete List of Rank 5 "Favorite" Gifts

"Favorite" Gifts : 0 - 2000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 81 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 135 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 324 Affection per gift

"Favorite" Gifts : 2000 - 4000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 81 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 135 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 324 Affection per gift

"Favorite" Gifts : 4000 - 6000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 70 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 117 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 281 Affection per gift

"Favorite" Gifts : 6000 - 8000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 59 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 99 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 238 Affection per gift

"Favorite" Gifts : 8000 - 10000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 54 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 90 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 216 Affection per gift

Complete List of Rank 5 "Like" Gifts

"Like" Gifts : 0 - 2000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 36 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 60 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 144 Affection per gift

"Like" Gifts : 2000 - 4000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 36 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 60 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 144 Affection per gift

"Like" Gifts : 4000 - 6000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 31 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 52 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 125 Affection per gift

"Like" Gifts : 6000 - 8000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 26 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 44 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 106 Affection per gift

"Like" Gifts : 8000 - 10000 Affection Points

Green Gifts - 24 Affection per gift

Blue Gifts - 40 Affection per gift

Purple Gifts - 96 Affection per gift

That about does it for the basics of Companion Affection... There are two more links though which you will find extremely helpful in raising your Companions Affection levels. These links both can be found below.

Link to all the gifts and which companions accept what:

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/gettingstarted/classes/companions/

Details on gift affection levels: (Really what I put into the post above)

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/gettingstarted/classes/companions/affection.cfm

Almar how do you figure so much of this stuff out about the game?

Research and personal experience a lot of the time. I normally research things endlessly and then try them out myself over and over and over until I learn everything about them.

• 1 month later...

Found out that both IMP and REP ship droids love cultural gifts (+96 for the polished meteorite till affection is >2000).

Didn't bother checking the other gifts, sorry 'bout that.

Small question: Am I right that gifts are the only way to raise the ship droid affections?

Hello Almar!

Thank you for another excellent guide! This has been added to the New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources under Non-Stickied New Players Help Notable Threads, in the Game Systems section. Thanks for continuing to contribute to the community!

:ph_thank_you:

You're very welcome!

I am doing a small little write up on C2-N2 now and what he likes and doesnt. I have been feeding him gifts in between Warzones for awhile so I think I got the jist of what he likes and doesnt!

maybe this is a pretty stupid question but how can i give my companion his gift after purchasing it (to make it clear that i mean what i must do to actually give the item, cos i just spent 600 creds on a gift that i can only sell for 10% of the purchase price

I thought just dropping it on my comps' ''picture, ui, or whatever but after searching in his entire ui i could not find any slot for gifts or any thing useful at all

maybe this is a pretty stupid question but how can i give my companion his gift after purchasing it (to make it clear that i mean what i must do to actually give the item, cos i just spent 600 creds on a gift that i can only sell for 10% of the purchase price

I thought just dropping it on my comps' ''picture, ui, or whatever but after searching in his entire ui i could not find any slot for gifts or any thing useful at all

Once it is in your inventory simply just right click it while the companion is out to give it to him!

Also for those wondering C2-N2 likes cultural artifacts the most!

Once it is in your inventory simply just right click it while the companion is out to give it to him!

Also for those wondering C2-N2 likes cultural artifacts the most!

So far, from my experience, the empire droid is the same way.

So far, from my experience, the empire droid is the same way.

If you would have asked me before the patch I would have guessed Technology would be his favorite but he really does love Cultural Artifacts!

• 2 weeks later...

I finded out that affection lvl with your first companion could be boosted a bit in a very beggining by inexpencive lvl1 vendor gifts:

When you arrive on Dromund Kaas feed loved gifts to the comp, but do not talk to him! Befor the talk each present will rise the affection by 96 point, after - only on 48.

Edited by Ulvard

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your guide!

I have a silly question but is there any difference between 8300 affection and 10000 affection in effect on crafting and crits or do you only need to get up to the last level that is between 8-10k for it to be maximum effect?

Again my thanks

/Whysper

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your guide!

I have a silly question but is there any difference between 8300 affection and 10000 affection in effect on crafting and crits or do you only need to get up to the last level that is between 8-10k for it to be maximum effect?

Again my thanks

/Whysper

I know the last little bit changes how fast they craft, I am unsure about crits

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your guide!

Again my thanks

/Whysper

From 8000 to 9999 affection, the Crit bonus for crafting will be +4. When you actually hit 10000 affection, the bonus becomes +5.