Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what do the swirly colors mean? Targets?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
what do the swirly colors mean? Targets?

SweetOldBob
06.29.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1
When my commando is blasting away, sometimes swirly colors orbit him. What do they mean? (Lay off the mushrooms before PvP?? )

When I see a target on the back of my character, does it mean that I am in a bad guy's sights?

If I need to RTFM, please point me to the relevant doc. Thanks!
Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

Obed, lvl 50 VR 83 Commando,
Dothan, lvl 50 VR 74 Sentinel

Mithros
06.29.2012 , 08:21 AM | #2
It's a proc of some sort, probably for curtain of fire.

That is the one that is activated by charged bolts or grav round and finishes the cooldown on full auto.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Erevan_Kindelar
06.29.2012 , 08:24 AM | #3
The swirly colours mean someone has cast an ability on you. It could be good (heals, you will see green numbers and your health bar going up... or a Force shield, protection against incoming damage) or bad (damage over time, your health bar going down).

If you see a symbol on the ground, that too can be either good or bad. If it is green, then a healer is casting a healing spell that will heal everyone within a specific range of the symbol for a few seconds so do not run away from it. If it is not green, then the chances are the spell is hostile, in which case you should get several metres away from the symbol...

"Do not stand in the fire" is common advice in MMO games. Some people assume that means you should not go and stand in the fireplace of your house. Others know that it means "get out of range of the spell that is hurting you, meatball!"
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Xiahoufig
06.29.2012 , 08:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetOldBob View Post
When my commando is blasting away, sometimes swirly colors orbit him. What do they mean? (Lay off the mushrooms before PvP?? )

When I see a target on the back of my character, does it mean that I am in a bad guy's sights?

If I need to RTFM, please point me to the relevant doc. Thanks!
As Mithros said, if you're gunnery specced that was probably curtain of fire proccing letting you know to let rip with a fulll auto.

A target on your back means someone on the opposing team probably marked you for destruction, probably thinking you're a healer.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Smuglebunny
06.29.2012 , 09:45 AM | #5
The target is a sniper aiming snipe on you. Probly. Swirlys are procs or effects..