Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVE, endgame healing what should the stats be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
PVE, endgame healing what should the stats be?

andrewmb
06.29.2012 , 08:58 AM | #1
I am a sith inquisitor and have mostly columi gear and ran hardmode EV just fine yesterday but Iím wondering how I should modify my gear. It seems that 20-30 bonus healing doesnít mean much but Iím curious to see what happens if I dump my crit and surge stats and stack as much power as possible, on the flip side I can get high amounts of crit and surge.

When it comes to healing the rule of thumb has been gear for output and ignore criting. Keeping your group topped off and not rely on a chance to crit to save your behind. But Iím curious if crit healing in this game is effective.

At some point like it or not people are going to take a big hit and are going to require multiple heals and criting is obviously more healing then not criting. I havenít played a mmo where a healer could get to 40% crit when there buffed does that = more output then stacking power to increase bonus healing....

I am expecting my answer to be a balance between the 2 what is the numbers how much crit % surge % and bonus healing I should shoot for?

Aetou
06.29.2012 , 09:14 AM | #2
There are diminishing returns on Crit & Surge which means stacking them completely is a bad idea. However, those same curves mean that initially at least stacking those two stats is the most efficient way to increase your average healing figures. Although things are a bit spikey because of crits (both from healers and enemies) what really matters is maximising your total healing throughput.

To do that, you should get your Crit to 300-400, your Surge to 200-300 and then start stacking Power. Alacrity is a bit contentious in terms of how much you need and varies by class but for the most part you can't avoid it completely and its much better for you than Accuracy (so take what comes and don't worry about it when choosing gear.) Some people argue that you should be right at the top of those ranges, I prefer the middle and then to stack Power (I'm at 700ish Power now) which lets me put out 7-8k heals very regularly as well as making my HOTs and Instants do big chunks.