Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Android Security App

Miyakayim
12.18.2011 , 07:42 PM | #31
Just another customer waiting for the security key app. It'll be greatly appreciated!

Sacrilicious
12.18.2011 , 10:07 PM | #32
Android App please, it's a necessity for security and probably just as easy to code as an iPhone version. Please hurry, launch is in two days! ; )
(╠▀▀▀╬[✠]╬▀╣{██████████████████████████████████)

Cilionelle
12.18.2011 , 10:12 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Lancs View Post
Seems odd that companies tend to choose Apple products first for their apps when Android is the market leader atm. Makes you wonder why.... *cash * *cough * *cash*
It may well be a problem on the Android side of things, rather than the Bioware side of things. For instance, Apple's approval could have been faster?

StephenReid
12.18.2011 , 10:30 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Is there any words on an Android Security App? Will it also be released or does Bioware have an Apple bias like so many others and therefore ignores over 75% of the Smartphone market?

I'd love to be able to make my account secure, but do not want to get the key chain (which is not even available for Europe yet). Just hoping I can use it on my Android phone.
Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon! (I'd give you an ETA, but there are too many moving parts.)

In addition, physical security keys for Europe will also be along very soon. We had a few shipping / supply issues, but they're inbound.

Dasffion
12.18.2011 , 10:31 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon!

In addition, physical security keys for Europe will also be along very soon. We had a few shipping / supply issues, but they're inbound.
Good to know. Thanks for the update.

DarthDucky
12.19.2011 , 12:20 AM | #36
I have a question about the mobile app, what happens if you have an issue with your phone and it take days before your phone is repaired? Do you loose access to the game until your phone or another is available?
Juhani: The Jedi, they were almost... like gods...
OPOD (formerly known as REVAN): Damn straight! I DO look divine!

pantner
12.19.2011 , 01:20 AM | #37
Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon! (I'd give you an ETA, but there are too many moving parts.)

Good to know.

Any news about a Windows Phone 7 app? Blizzard has one (ha ha ha )

Aesten
12.19.2011 , 04:27 AM | #38

I may be blind, but is there a way to remove a Security Key from an account? I linked an iOS from an iPod, but that was a temporary measure until the android app came out.

Dasffion
12.19.2011 , 07:31 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Aesten View Post
I may be blind, but is there a way to remove a Security Key from an account? I linked an iOS from an iPod, but that was a temporary measure until the android app came out.
You need to call Bioware

Dayln
12.19.2011 , 09:43 AM | #40
Very good, glad I checked the dev tracker first.

Iím a bit of a completionist and everything is set up on my account except that last section with the security key.

In other games my wifeís account got hacked 2 times and she has only been playing for 2 years, and myself once. Looking forward to that extra security step.

Ourselves and our droids are awaiting the app
I have a bad feeling about this