Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old Augment Slots

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AllisonBerryman
06.28.2012 , 03:23 PM | #171 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for your patience on this issue everyone; we have some more information for you about the upcoming fix!

If you have a crit-crafted item created before 1.3 that received the incorrect tier of augment slot (and you have NOT upgraded the augment slot to a higher tier), that slot’s tier will be corrected with the fix we are applying during an upcoming patch. If the augment slot is empty, the augment slot tier will be decided by the level of the item. If an augment is installed, the tier of the slot will be determined by the level of that augment.

If you have already manually upgraded your augment slots to a higher tier, we’ll ask that you contact Customer Service after the fix is deployed. Thanks!

madcappah
06.28.2012 , 03:26 PM | #172
So I'm still screwed out of putting an augment back into a slot where it was before 1.3 because I cannot put it back in right now before the next patch whenever that comes.

Thanks a bunch for that.

Dawginole
06.28.2012 , 03:43 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by madcappah View Post
So I'm still screwed out of putting an augment back into a slot where it was before 1.3 because I cannot put it back in right now before the next patch whenever that comes.

Thanks a bunch for that.
Well, yeah. You and everyone else because there is a bug and they are fixing it. Allison can't wave a wand and it goes away for you.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Chef_BoyRUdead
06.28.2012 , 03:58 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for your patience on this issue everyone; we have some more information for you about the upcoming fix!

If you have a crit-crafted item created before 1.3 that received the incorrect tier of augment slot (and you have NOT upgraded the augment slot to a higher tier), that slot’s tier will be corrected with the fix we are applying during an upcoming patch. If the augment slot is empty, the augment slot tier will be decided by the level of the item. If an augment is installed, the tier of the slot will be determined by the level of that augment.

If you have already manually upgraded your augment slots to a higher tier, we’ll ask that you contact Customer Service after the fix is deployed. Thanks!
So it is a bug and it is getting fixed.

I can live with that.

Spaj
06.28.2012 , 04:20 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Well, yeah. You and everyone else because there is a bug and they are fixing it. Allison can't wave a wand and it goes away for you.
I'll clarify since you have jumped on the first conclusion you could assume.

Consider this very real example: Pre 1.3 crit craft level 19 custom orange chest. Put lvl 49 green quality undesirable stat augment in to secure the slot at max level as i'm only 47 and want to wear the same thing @50.
Fast forward to post 1.3. Woot i'm now 50 i'll swap out that augment for something useful. Extract lvl 49 mod..... *** nothing will go back in not even Tier 1 augments.

Fast forward to proposed fix, said empty 'augment' in lvl 19 item slot will become a Mk-1 or Mk-2 slot and still require spending on a mk-6 kit (80-200k + 30k attachment - per item) to use a lvl 49 augment because of said bug.

So yes they are fixing bugs. Just not this one. Until either they create a new proposed fix to cover it or continue to say sorry tough luck.

Now the only thing i cant think of which would save such an item, if i equip another lvl 50 modification will the item become a lvl 50 item thus getting a mk-6 augment or will it still be a lvl 19 item and be bent over?

p.s. I'm sure Allison loves the internet tough guys defending her honor. Lol.
Shanque

Draggyish
06.28.2012 , 04:29 PM | #176

Any estimated time when this fix might be coming? Like...within the next week? The next month? The next few days? I have a feeling some people will prefer to go ahead and upgrade and then contact a CSR once the fix is out if it's going to be a while yet.

Dawginole
06.28.2012 , 04:32 PM | #177
Spaj, I'm not defending anyone's honor. The guy was complaining because it's not fixed now. And you are complaining that the augment slot on your lvl 19 gear won't hold MK-6 level augs after 1.3 because it did in 1.2. When they make changes, something negative is bound to happen to someone.

I imagine all you will need to do is contact CS just like Allison suggested in her post once the fix is in place and explain that the bug screwed over your pre-1.3 augmented gear and that you would like them to mail you an MK-6 augment and I'm sure they will and everyone will be happy.

Thanks for your criticisms in the process. We need more people like you on the forums.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

AllisonBerryman
06.28.2012 , 04:33 PM | #178 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Spaj View Post
Fast forward to proposed fix, said empty 'augment' in lvl 19 item slot will become a Mk-1 or Mk-2 slot and still require spending on a mk-6 kit (80-200k + 30k attachment - per item) to use a lvl 49 augment because of said bug.
In the situation you're describing here, we'll also ask that you contact Customer Service once the change has been deployed, and they should be able to assist.

Spaj
06.28.2012 , 04:50 PM | #179
In the situation you're describing here, we'll also ask that you contact Customer Service once the change has been deployed, and they should be able to assist.
A sincere thank you! This will be quite a number of people, not as large as the guild bank CS backlog but it may well be a decent sized job. A solution is always a good thing.
Shanque

Planar
06.28.2012 , 04:53 PM | #180

What about for us poor souls that extracrted augments from lower level gear we were wearing to move them to companions armor only to learn we couldnt insert so those slots are empty now because I refused to upgrade them and just wait for the fix, they all HAD level 49 augments in them, do we also contact customer service after the patch?

Allison I would also ask you pass one more commment along, the length of time the patch is taking to deploy isnt what I was upset about, it was the days of darkness if a fix was being planned. I assume when something like this happens the team decides how they wish to proceed forward, even a simple "Dont worry something will be done to rectify this" wouldve appeased me, the not knowing was the agravating part for me, others may disagree but I bet more than a few agree communication delays, not patch delays is what upset me. Especially when Bioware announced a unscheduled maintenance I would have like to have seen a reply to our posts stating "Sorry a fix for the augments wont be in the coming unscheduled maintenance but we are working on a proper fair solution" wouldve made me happier, but patching and then checking to feel shafted and ignored again stung.