Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting clarification?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Legacy of Crafting clarification?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Splaktar
06.28.2012 , 09:44 AM | #11
Thanks for the post and the clarification.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

AllisonBerryman
06.28.2012 , 09:47 AM | #12 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

revcrisis
06.28.2012 , 10:02 AM | #13
Oh WOW, so it does increase the chance of a critical (ie; getting 2 augments from 1 craft attempt). That's awesome!! I will be buying the highest perk then. Thanks

nezitx
06.28.2012 , 10:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).
AllisonBerryman, does it increase your companions chance to critical on resource missions? Or only on producing crafted items?
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

Karl-Just-Karl
06.28.2012 , 10:09 AM | #15
I hate to cloud the issue any further but...are gathering/mission rewards effected as well?

edit...ya beat me to it.

TallonAybara
06.28.2012 , 10:40 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by nezitx View Post
AllisonBerryman, does it increase your companions chance to critical on resource missions? Or only on producing crafted items?
I would like a clarification on this as well.

chimunga
06.28.2012 , 10:52 AM | #17
Thank you Allison, for clarifying, and admitting that it is kinda confusing and needs to be fixed. It's appreciated, more than you know, when a GM or a Devs or whoever just admits that something needs to be fixed. :D

It really does need to be changed, because it does say specifically "augmented results" which puts everyone's brain on the line of "augment slot." But when you think about it, it doesn't have to just mean augment slot. So thanks.

dipstik
06.28.2012 , 10:53 AM | #18
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

So all this time I could have been crafting augment kits and augments with a higher chance!?!?

You all fail SO HARD.

In the future, please have someone that has the talent of paying attention to details review the explanations for stuff like this. We actually trust what we read when you provide information on a tooltip. This is the same as you telling us that something does 1k damage when it really does 2k. this would cause enrage ti9mes and the like needlessly. In this case, I did not get what I should have gotten because someone on your end does not know how to communicate clearly and completely.

Micadog
06.28.2012 , 10:54 AM | #19
Indeed, thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

GnatB
06.28.2012 , 11:02 AM | #20
Great... now we have two contradictory CS posts... ('Course, my usually opinion on CS/Customer relations is that they tend to know less about how things work than many of the players, so I always take what they say with large grains of salt)

Until they actually change the tooltip, I'm going to expect it does exactly what the tooltip says. Increases chance of an augmented item.

Which means all my crafters get it. None of my harvesters do. (which I guess makes it sort of irrelevant whether it allows for an extra item... which, incidentally, I have yet to see when it comes to augment kits. I largely suspect that like with spaceship parts, you don't crit them at all.)

Though does make it sort of relevant for mission skills... but.. yeah. Gonna wait until something more than two different statements by CS, and blog post differing from patch/tooltip.