Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo Class?

nyctrimly
12.18.2011 , 04:04 PM | #1
What is the best class to solo with on the Galactic Republic?

ms_quillian
12.18.2011 , 04:07 PM | #2
As far as I know, all classes can solo pretty well. I'd say Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior are pretty good ones, but I'm sure some will disagree. I've soloed with an Inquisitor Sorcerer through beta and while it was pretty challenging, it wasn't impossible.

nyctrimly
12.18.2011 , 04:07 PM | #3
What do you guys find best?

theonepanda
12.18.2011 , 05:39 PM | #4
The best soloing class by far is the trooper/bounty hunter.

Every move they have is either a cc or an aoe or both.

They do ludicrous up front damage, wear heavy armor, and either can tank or heal.

No other class comes close to leveling efficiency, even with a companion.

Let me put it this way - our bounty hunter friend, late to a quest we were doing, did the instance himself, started after we (an assassin tank, a sorcerer, and a sniper), and finished before us.

With no companion. Yea.

TheConjurer
12.18.2011 , 05:43 PM | #5
Soloing?

Probably Scoundrel or Sage. Both have survivability with heals which can also keep a good dps companion alive. Scoundrel also has stealth and incapacitates to help out.
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, SEE THE INVISIBLE, ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA!
(If you caught the reference then you get a cookie)

theonepanda
12.18.2011 , 05:54 PM | #6
Everything the scoundrel can do the bounty hunter can do better.

I am quite serious on this. Examine torhead, look at ability descriptions, and you will see.

Bounty hunters do not have stealth, but being able to aoe everything down faster than you can stealth past them does have its merits.

It may sound like I'm just ranting about bounty hunters, and I am. But only because its true. Pretty much everyone in my guild agrees on this =/

Furthermore sage wears cloth; any large pulls and you will not be able to heal and dps at the same time. They also kill much slower. A commando has heals and heavy armor and massive aoe.

EDIT: sorry you said republic. Trooper is the way to go.

TheConjurer
12.18.2011 , 05:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by theonepanda View Post
Everything the scoundrel can do the bounty hunter can do better.

I am quite serious on this. Examine torhead, look at ability descriptions, and you will see.

Bounty hunters do not have stealth, but being able to aoe everything down faster than you can stealth past them does have its merits.

It may sound like I'm just ranting about bounty hunters, and I am. But only because its true. Pretty much everyone in my guild agrees on this =/
Operative has a decent amount of AoE skills given you level up enough.

I'm at level 20, and even though I'm specced into Medic, I can take out whole mobs just using shiv to start (for tactical advantage) carbine burst, then grenade, 2 seconds and a whole mob down.

However I agree that BH's are amazing soloers. Just saying that every class has their niche.
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, SEE THE INVISIBLE, ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA!
(If you caught the reference then you get a cookie)

theonepanda
12.18.2011 , 06:12 PM | #8
I won't disagree with you. My guild has 2 operatives and they both mention that their aoe is great.

I just think a bounty hunter doesn't have any weaknesses, while being just as good as or exceeding all other classes.

Certainly soloing is doable on any class...however, true soloing (sending your companion out to do things) is usually only doable by bounty hunters, and healing specs (operative is better than sorcerer as well).

General consensus seems to be sniper is by far the worst at soloing...their tank companion's armor does not scale nearly well enough, and all their dps is lost if they lose cover or start getting pushback on their casts.

nyctrimly
12.18.2011 , 10:10 PM | #9
So what would be the best AC for BH?