Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help! 10-20min Disconnect and have to requeue more than 90 min!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Help! 10-20min Disconnect and have to requeue more than 90 min!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xiaopohaizi
06.27.2012 , 02:44 PM | #1
After the 1.3 patch when i play SWTOR, I often get a lag spike and then disconnect to Server Selecting Page, Error Code 9000. Then I have to queue more than 1000 ppl to log in. It makes me crazy. Rest programs in my computer such as Teamspeak or Skype are fine, and my internet connection is fine, too. No one is sharing my internet and I'm not using Wireless.
I love to play this game but every time when I am winning in WZ and suddenly DC, and requeue, I sometimes just want to delete the Client.
Please tell me what happened? just my problem or something else?Thank you.
P.S. this happens every 10-20min

Dashea
06.27.2012 , 03:09 PM | #2
Having the same problem, this afternoon (and morning aswel) I got about 6 relogs.

Doesn't matter what I was doing, it happened in warzones, during quest story movies, just being on the Imperial fleet.
I switch to the server select screen, telling me my account has been disconnected with several error codes, 4001, 2005 and 9000. It takes about 2 relogs before I get back to character selection screen.

My internet works fine too, the moment I got disconnected I checked my internet, everything worked fine.

It's kinda annoying, since it's all random. I got disconnected from 4 warzones, my team was winning, no commendations, no exp, no credits, no valor. It's not a real problem loosing this, it's just annoying this problem started happening after 1.3
-=-Solar Trade Alliance-=-
All the universe bows before me, I pledge myself to the darkness, for I have found true life in the death of the light.

Oshimo
06.27.2012 , 03:28 PM | #3
divide the problem in half till you reach a solution ...

open a CMD.exe prompt on your computer with the command
c:\ping www.yahoo.com - t

let it run continuously ... the second you get disconnected alt tab to the command prompt window and look for very slow ping times (normal might be under 50ms ... bad would be 1k ms ... or worst of all "Request timed out")l. If you see this behavior you can pretty much eliminate SWTOR as the cause. At which point you should start considering ISP/Router/Modem/PC issues ... if you can be cautious not to do any activity (excluding the game) that might threaten your machine, you might try disabling anti-virus for a couple of hours (assuming the crashing/disconnect happens frequently enough that after x hours you are pretty sure AV might be a contributor.

Make sure the all legitimate SWTOR sites for downloads and game play servers as well as all SWTOR executables have all been granted appropriate access through your firewall.

If ping looks clean when you crash, try playing the game for a few hours on absolute minimum settings, turn off sound, shut down all externally running programs, streaming movie sites, etc.

Finally its summer, your pc works hardest rendering warzones, the fleet, ops etc ... make sure you have it in the shade and running a fan on it (or adding more cooling to your tower).
Diverbuoy
<sweeps hand> "Feel the force of these words, surround you, bind you, consume you they will, forever they will dominate your destiny."

Xiaopohaizi
06.27.2012 , 06:38 PM | #4
ping www.google.com always under 10ms never time out

Cerimon
06.27.2012 , 06:51 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Hopefully these troubleshooting steps will help with these errors.

Error code 9000:
  • Restart the game and attempt to login again.
  • Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
  • You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
  • You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
  • If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
  • If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.

Error code 4001: Please note that error 4001 frequently can be caused by your firewall. Remove and re-add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to the list of exceptions of your firewall, disable any traffic management programs similar to "peer-blocker" and restart your Router.

Error code 2005: Please contact Customer Service if you receive this error code.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Xiaopohaizi
06.27.2012 , 10:09 PM | #6
thanks for replying me, but none of them can solve my problem

Samoth_Nomad
06.27.2012 , 11:04 PM | #7
this is a server side issue, as its happening to a ton of players that are on the newly overloaded servers. I and most others rarely experienced disconnects until the server transfers.

Oshimo
06.28.2012 , 08:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaopohaizi View Post
thanks for replying me, but none of them can solve my problem
My steps aren't designed to solve your problem, they divide the problem in half and provide additional information. Can you copy and paste your ping results here before and during the problem so we can compare.
Diverbuoy
<sweeps hand> "Feel the force of these words, surround you, bind you, consume you they will, forever they will dominate your destiny."

Waynef
06.28.2012 , 08:46 PM | #9
Suddenly about 30 minutes ago I started having disconnect issues with Star Wars, I am able to stream vidoes (on my other computer)at the same time I lose connection so its not my internet. I was running fine for over 4 hours before this problem occured. I have tried rebooting the computer and router and modem without resolving anything.

Xiaopohaizi
07.01.2012 , 02:25 PM | #10
well, after the latest patch I dont disconnect anymore I don't know why but I'm happy. And thank all the ppl who answered me about this