Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Very regular and random CTDs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Very regular and random CTDs
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nasicsmells
06.27.2012 , 09:09 AM | #1
I know this has been posted before from other people and there is a sticky telling me to wait for future patches but it's getting very annoying now. It doesn't matter where I am in the SWTOR universe, what server or what char I'm on, I can't go a day without a random CTD. No error messages, nothing, it's almost as if I've hit ALT+F4 (I haven't) and it's getting very frustrating. I've reformatted my pc, reinstalled SWTOR, changed settings, made sure I have the latest drivers but none of this makes a difference. Hopefully someone can help! I want to play with my buddies and I never had this problem as bad as it is now

Spoiler

Smaois
06.27.2012 , 09:14 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Nasicsmells,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing and issue with the game.

Please supply the following information:
  • Open your Start menu and type "View Reliability History" into the search box.
  • Select the most recent SWTOR.exe failure denoted with a red circle with a white X in the middle.
  • Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.
  • Copy the full description to the clipboard and paste this in to your reply.
Please post this within code tags or spoiler tags

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Nasicsmells
06.27.2012 , 09:47 AM | #3
Here it is

Spoiler

Smaois
06.27.2012 , 10:13 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Nasicsmells,

Thanks for that.

Are there any other entries for swtor.exe?

Nasicsmells
06.27.2012 , 10:17 AM | #5
Yup

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Smaois
06.27.2012 , 10:18 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Nasicsmells,

I recommend that you ensure you have installed the most recent Windows Updates, including the Optional Updates.

Once you have confirmed this, I recommend that you restart your computer and login to the game again.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Nasicsmells
06.27.2012 , 10:29 AM | #7
Ok thanks I'll give that a go.
However I do refuse to install Bing Desktop!

Nasicsmells
07.01.2012 , 02:52 PM | #8
Okay seemed fine at first but i've had 4 crashes tonight so far. Installed all updates (apart from Bing Desktop). Checked the reliability history report but there are no entries. Not sure what else to do :V

Beesodd
07.01.2012 , 03:03 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Nasicsmells,

It seems like the best way forward now is to have your issue looked at in more detail by our tech team. Please create a ticket by mailing support@swtor.com detailing the issue. In this please include your DXDiag, your MSinfo, and any steps already taken. Please also include the fact that there are no reports in your reliability history.

We will use this information to zone in on the source of the problem.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Eillack
07.01.2012 , 03:16 PM | #10
Hopefully my email to support gets firxed too; same problem for me (and yes I have all updates too).
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.