Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM EC now obsolete.

Raansu
06.27.2012 , 06:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
YES!!! I've been waiting for this smack in the face to all hardcore raiders since day 1!! All this stupid gear exclusivity is now thrown out of the window. I like it. I am very happy. Now I can actually have the best custom gear and not endure the pain of HM EC.

YES!!!
You still have to do the end game content to get the daily BH tokens from the LFG queue... and HM EC isn't even that hard. Quit whining and L2P.

Agarwaenn
06.27.2012 , 06:39 AM | #22
I see a few people do not get what the OP is talking about so i will explain it slowly.

Step 1: Get Tionesse/Columni/Rakata gear.
Step 2: Buy Black hole gear.
Step 3: For pieces with Mod'able slots, strip out all the BH item lvl 61 armor/mod/enhancements. Put these in your T/C/R gear. Yes, YOU CAN EVEN REPLACE THE ARMORINGS. Since the set-bonus on this lower gear is tied to the SHELL, you keep the set bonus even if you put in the 61 armor.
Step 4: Augment

You will still be left with some non-BIS pieces.
Been actively reporting SWTOR bugs since July 2011. It's almost a full time job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keller's Void - Rachgier, Galadrial, Galadeon (Empire)

Utania
06.27.2012 , 06:52 AM | #23
I'm guessing they give black hole tokens to try to get people like me to do the flashpoints.

My op group is pretty much full rakata and working on HM EC, as it rewards BH comms we are likely to do FPS, if it was just rakata I doubt we would.

Leovinus
06.27.2012 , 07:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
Every mod you can get in campaign gear you can get in black hole gear.
I just checked this claim myself. It is completely inaccurate. For my class (DPS Powertech), I found at least 3 enhancements and 2 mods that were unique to the Campaign set. And this says nothing of the pieces that you can only get as campaign. Can you wiggle them around to get the same numbers? Perhaps, but the fact remains that you do have more flexibility if you can get both BH and campaign.

Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 07:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
I just checked this claim myself. It is completely inaccurate. For my class (DPS Powertech), I found at least 3 enhancements and 2 mods that were unique to the Campaign set. And this says nothing of the pieces that you can only get as campaign. Can you wiggle them around to get the same numbers? Perhaps, but the fact remains that you do have more flexibility if you can get both BH and campaign.
The enhancements you could get from another classes gear, as for the mods, please let me know what mods they are in campaign that you can't get in black hole. Your post seems completely inaccurate.

DSafana
06.27.2012 , 07:50 AM | #26
Main hand and offhand can't be achieved thru BH comms.
IMHO- BW hasn't learned how to gear by progression yet, maybe when they expand and add more levels they'll get the next tier of gear correct. They really should be dropping Item mods only in END game and allow you to customize your own gear. The Set Bonus should be able to be added much like AUG slots, and the BIS "Set Bonus" should only drop in end game.

Leovinus
06.27.2012 , 07:50 AM | #27
The enhancements you could get from another classes gear, as for the mods, please let me know what mods they are in campaign that you can't get in black hole. Your post seems completely inaccurate.
Fair enough, I didn't go around looking at all the enhancements for the other classes, just the 3 sets for BH. Perhaps, the other combos are out there. But yes, for mods. Try 68 aim, 41 end, 12 crit, or the same with power instead of crit.

Dafroog
06.27.2012 , 08:04 AM | #28
But it's not just "for me". Every single player in the game can get fully decked without stepping foot in the joint.
Ever thought that this might be in prep of them releasing NMM EC and the next tier. EC has been out for around 3 months now, this move helps guilds that cant complete EC HM gear up ready so they can still progress to the next tier when 1.4 comes out
opinions are like bacteria, everyone has them but no one wants to take anyone else's on board

Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 08:32 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafroog View Post
Ever thought that this might be in prep of them releasing NMM EC and the next tier. EC has been out for around 3 months now, this move helps guilds that cant complete EC HM gear up ready so they can still progress to the next tier when 1.4 comes out
Yes I have thought that, but it's total crap if that's the case. If you can't complete HM EC you shouldn't be allowed in to NM EC. Also if that's the case it'd be the second time they've f***ed up this badly. Remember how many good players quit pre 1.2 cause they ran out of stuff to do? They just continuously set the parameters so that if you're a good player you run out of s*** to do way before they release new content. This makes most the good players move on to challenging games and leave swtor full of noob.

You know what, I cbfed with this any more, I'm done with this s***. Time to move on to a challenging game with all the other good players. Peace out.

Leovinus
06.27.2012 , 08:43 AM | #30
Yes I have thought that, but it's total crap if that's the case. If you can't complete HM EC you shouldn't be allowed in to NM EC. Also if that's the case it'd be the second time they've f***ed up this badly. Remember how many good players quit pre 1.2 cause they ran out of stuff to do? They just continuously set the parameters so that if you're a good player you run out of s*** to do way before they release new content. This makes most the good players move on to challenging games and leave swtor full of noob.

You know what, I cbfed with this any more, I'm done with this s***. Time to move on to a challenging game with all the other good players. Peace out.
I'm sorry you feel that way. But I do think you're confusing "good players" with "content locusts". There are many, many good players out there for whom this game is fine, they just happen to be a bit more laid back on the rate of content progression than you. And there's nothing wrong with your viewpoint, but... Truth be told, your kind of players probably won't be happy in a game like this, nor any new AAA game whatsoever, because development of the kind of game you need to be satisfied just isn't possible anymore. That type expects huge amounts of content PLUS huge amounts of features. Doing that costs a LOT of money. To justify that cost, you need a BIG playerbase. And most of a BIG playerbase will be relatively casual when compared to you. Chances are, if you find something that sates you, it will have to be a fairly barebones features niche game.

Still, I say good luck to you, hope you can find what you're looking for.