Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My first day of ranked WZ's.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
My first day of ranked WZ's.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sixthy
06.27.2012 , 04:54 AM | #1
What a weird day. My team went 15-1, which is fine and expected, but as good as the record may look, the day itself was abysmal.

We played 16 games - of those 16 games we lost 1 person at the beginning of 5 of them, so 30% of the games we played we had to play 7v8. Each time was a different person - 3 people got a weird loading screen upon entering the warzone that wouldn't actually load the game for them. They had ambient sounds from the match, but after a minute or so (from standing in the starting area we assume), they got booted back to fleet. This counts an auto loss for those players, so goodbye 23ish points on average for no good reason and a loss on their record.

1 person crashed to desktop as soon as the gates dropped in Voidstar. Once again, an automatic loss for that player with no chance of rejoining our game putting us at a disadvantage once again.

The last was a server side lag out that just never recovered and kicked the person back to the server menu (stayed on the vent the entire time, so was a server issue as far as we're concerned). Once again, automatic loss and no hope of rejoining our warzone.

Our only loss for the day came from one of the 7v8 games and we lost 12-0 in a Novare, so it was a competitive match when it would have been a much different game had we had our full 8.

On top of getting disconnected and constantly putting our team at a disadvantage, both the person that crashed to desktop and the one kicked to server screen had to IMMEDIATELY WAIT IN A 30 MINUTE QUEUE TO REJOIN THE SERVER. Even FURTHER hindering our ranked queues.

1) Players need to receive an ID for a ranked warzone when the queue pops. If someone bugs out (stuck in a death animation and cannot move from starting area), or gets the faulty load screen and is afk'd out of the game, they should be able to hit the pvp queue button and reenter the last warzone they were in. I don't see much abuse coming from this for a couple of reasons:
First - if someone manually leaves a warzone by right clicking the warzone button and leaving the game, that should be the automatic loss and they should not be allowed to rejoin as it was deliberate that the person left the warzone. The only exception I could see to this is if someone got the laying on the ground dead bug in the starting area, they'd be able to quickly leave and rejoin - so maybe some thought could be put into that.
Second - if someone does DC and then comes back into the warzone, they'd automatically be placed back in the starting area of the warzone (not the place they disconnected from). If someone was to "plug pull" to avoid a death somewhere, they'd really gain no advantage from fully DC'ing out of game and then rejoining in the starting area as it wouldn't be some instantaneous achievement.

2) Players need to have a grace period before being moved into the server queue. If their account has been online and then DC's, it should retain its spot on the server for 5-10 minutes at least before being removed entirely forcing the player to requeue.

I won't touch on other bugs that were found throughout the individual warzones today, as I feel these two issues, particular the former, to be of a much higher priority to fix/change.

Lsheistaon
06.27.2012 , 04:58 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Sixthy,

Thank you for the feedback you have provided us, We’d like to point-out that we always strive to improve as much as possible our services, so if you ever see something that you think should be improved please do not hesitate in sending us your feedback. If you wish to get these issues invetigated, I would ask that you submit a bug report.

You are currently able to submit bug reports in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Thanks.

Lsheistaon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support