Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM EC now obsolete.

Iggster
06.26.2012 , 02:45 PM | #11
I'd much rather give the HM's a go.

I can't stand games where everything is easy.

ArchangelLBC
06.26.2012 , 03:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by rymah View Post
Mainhand/Offhand too? And what about the set bonuses that come with the campaign armor only? Statistically the Black Hole gear is identical to Campaign, but you still aren't getting exactly the same gear.
Mainhands are the big undisputed reason. Offhands aren't simply because they vary class by class. For example the Black Hole Med Tech mainhand is better for DPS commandos than the Campaign Eliminator's offhand.

Similarly the set bonuses on armorings is a double edged sword. For me, I prefer the superior DPS armorings from various pieces of Black Hole gear in Rakata shells over putting the armorings from Campaign which are, in my case, 3/5 Endurance heavy tank armorings. The only piece of gear I can't get a 68 aim DPS armoring from BH is in the body slot, but campaign eliminator's body doesn't have that armoring either so my rakata armoring is better. The only Trooper body piece with a 68 aim armoring is the Combat Tech body and I'm not sure, but I think Campaign set bonuses trump shell set bonuses so my Rakata body armoring will always be better till I can unslotted armoring to put in it's place (which hey I DO need to do HM EC for).

Now that was all pretty DPS commando specific, but point is that it will vary from person to person.

This more or less just exposes problems in the campaign itemization though. In my opinion it should have been better than Black Hole, but there you are. In the meantime I'll continue doing HM EC just because my guild hasn't beaten it yet and I like the challenge.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ragamer
06.26.2012 , 06:50 PM | #13
To the OP. Generally speaking... Yes you can get all BH sets...

...But you will not be close to top performance because most classes require a mix of BH & Campaign Armorings to reach optimum performance (ENH & MODS you can safely ignore... BH is the source for them)...

...Implants, Ear & Offhands are also randomly distributed in both sets (And by randomly I really mean it... Some BH are better than Campaign... But for other classes can be perfectly the opposite). Not to mention that the ONLY way to get MK2+ versions (Which are BiS for some classes) is to wait, patiently, for a direct drop from HM Bosses (And last Boss on SM).

If you really want to get mad at the remaining design flaws on the loot paradigm BW uses, think on the following:

- Why after 1.3 the BiS PvE Relic for most classes require you to PvP?

- Why some classes can be fully geared without having to fully clear EC HM (This one is particularly funny tbh... They created armorings per slot but... They forgot to create hilts/barrels per slot, allowing offhand -> mainhand conversions in some roles for Jedi Knights, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters & Sith Warriors)?

Vladnar
06.26.2012 , 11:49 PM | #14
...and so the top end chase goes on and on.

Just do what you want to do, enjoy what you are doing and keep moving forward and not worry about such things.

Then you'll get the most of it all.

If you enjoyed doing it then it was all worth it.

Eszi
06.26.2012 , 11:55 PM | #15
lvl 51 armorings are awesome.
oh wait...

Raansu
06.27.2012 , 03:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
So, you can now chuck an augment on any piece of gear and black hole comms are easier to get. So you could now just get a full Tionese set for the set bonus, augment it all, get mods from blackhole gear and have full augmented gear with set bonus and full 61 mods without ever setting foot in HM EC? Well done BioWare.... I mean I guess there is still the hilt... YAY! intensive!
The black hole gear is inferior to the campaign gear...

Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 04:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
The black hole gear is inferior to the campaign gear...
Every mod you can get in campaign gear you can get in black hole gear.

NoTomorrow
06.27.2012 , 05:05 AM | #18
YES!!! I've been waiting for this smack in the face to all hardcore raiders since day 1!! All this stupid gear exclusivity is now thrown out of the window. I like it. I am very happy. Now I can actually have the best custom gear and not endure the pain of HM EC.

YES!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Utania
06.27.2012 , 05:18 AM | #19
Sounds like I need to fire up excel stick all the BH and campaign stuff in there and work out the best min-max

Dhariq
06.27.2012 , 06:08 AM | #20
I am kinda puzzled why they move passed even Rakata in this. I would think it would be okey if the dailies made you ready for the last raid but now it basically makes you ready for the future one and therefor in a sense bypass the end game content.

Also, yes you do not get set bonus, but tionese or columi gear will get you that.

Some itemization is also bad so you will need to get some extra pices and break them down and throw away that extra pretty armoring mod.

But I am no longer suprised by anything they do and this is more in the range of subjective oppinions so... meeh. They are just killing this game off one stupid idea at a time and this is just a tiny step as I see it.