Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, enough is enough! Talk to your players!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, enough is enough! Talk to your players!

ChazDoit
06.26.2012 , 08:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ComeAndSee View Post
My complaint is addressing this.

- PTR 1.3 is launched. Notes are posted.
- Those lucky to get copied get about their business. Topics start appearing with questions regarding specific changes (new threat, nerfs, buffs, etc etc).
- Patch 1 is launched. Contains bug fixes. Nothing new.
- Players still post in the topics which now have over 500 replies. None of them have any replies. Developers post primarily in blogs to highlight new features and partially address issues. They talk vaguely about formulas and stuff.
- 2 weeks later patch is launched.

What is the point of the PTR if what's on the patch notes isn't subject to change.
Yeah it seems the focus of the PTS was to iron out some bugs, not really take any kind of player feedback, which really sucks, but then again, Im happy that 1.3 came out as fast as it did, they can tweak the project animation later.

AidanLightwalker
06.26.2012 , 08:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckKing View Post
I'm sorry that you dislike how i'm trying to save SWTOR from crashing and burning. Taking a dump works, people like you actually quote and hear me out.
Crashing and burning is your opinion. I think the game rocks, I don't know what your complaining about.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

Knockerz
06.26.2012 , 08:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhaers View Post
Sadly this is so very true. I would be willing to lay a bet most developers stay well away from this schizophrenic forum.
It's like that in any mmorpg, then people wonder why developers don't post as often. The truth is that people only want feedback that is in their best interest. It's like the shadow tank thread in the beta forums. Almost all of the thread was about people complaining about the nerf. The fact is developers though shadow tanks were op and the nerf is supposed to bring the shadow tanks inline with the other tanks. Most of feedback isn't useful for the developers since people's solution is superficial as to not nerf their class.

I can give you a good idea what I mean. If shadow tanks or any class is getting nerf the usual responds people make is why don't the developers improve other classes. The problem with that idea is it uses more resources and time to accomplished. The fact is that developers want feedback on how to nerf said class/spec and people don't want to deal with that. Instead people propose ideas that won't nerf their class/spec. Thus, the problem isn't that players are providing feedback, but aren't providing the kinda of feedback that is useful for the developers because she/he doesn't want to get nerf. The same applies to changes people don't like.

As for bugs there isn't much a player can do, but just report bugs. You also have other feedback on like rewards for pvp or pve. Obvious, people won't provide useful feedback when the amount of warzone tokens is decreased per warzone or increasing the cost of items. However, the decision to increase/decrease rewards is purely a developer decision based on their data.

Gwena
06.26.2012 , 08:54 PM | #24
I don't have a lot of MMO experience, so I don't know if this level of communication is "standard". It does bug me though when they change small things that aren't of great importance, yet they offer little or no explanation and don't listen when players say "leave it alone/put it back!" For example, adding text to legacy emotes, completely disabling most headgear showing for certain races (I can check the "hide head slot" box just fine, thanks!), and removing the giggle from Scoundrels.

I must say, it kinda makes me miss the FFXIV community reps and dev team. [Developer reply] [Can I have it?]
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Vitas
06.26.2012 , 08:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
It's like that in any mmorpg, then people wonder why developers don't post as often. The truth is that people only want feedback that is in their best interest. It's like the shadow tank thread in the beta forums. Almost all of the thread was about people complaining about the nerf. The fact is developers though shadow tanks were op and the nerf is supposed to bring the shadow tanks inline with the other tanks. Most of feedback isn't useful for the developers since people's solution is superficial as to not nerf their class.

I can give you a good idea what I mean. If shadow tanks or any class is getting nerf the usual responds people make is why don't the developers improve other classes. The problem with that idea is it uses more resources and time to accomplished. The fact is that developers want feedback on how to nerf said class/spec and people don't want to deal with that. Instead people propose ideas that won't nerf their class/spec. Thus, the problem isn't that players are providing feedback, but aren't providing the kinda of feedback that is useful for the developers because she/he doesn't want to get nerf. The same applies to changes people don't like.

As for bugs there isn't much a player can do, but just report bugs. You also have other feedback on like rewards for pvp or pve. Obvious, people won't provide useful feedback when the amount of warzone tokens is decreased per warzone or increasing the cost of items. However, the decision to increase/decrease rewards is purely a developer decision based on their data.
You also have to keep in mind that with a team of a hundred or so, it's going to be hard reading and answering over a million individual posts.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

ComeAndSee
06.26.2012 , 08:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Like I said.

"It could be the worst news in the world that your class is getting nerfed because you're overpowered in their eyes, but if a developer explained it, worked with the community, than we would most likely accept it. "

How Bioware handled the Shadow nerf was by posting their response in BLOGS and Q&A's that NOBODY COULD RESPOND TO. Your opinion did not matter and it was like they were deliberately avoiding talking to their players.
| Shayera Zhukov | Marshal of The Republic Army | Shield Vanguard | Jedi Covenant |

"It's not cheating unless you get caught."

Bhaers
06.26.2012 , 09:01 PM | #27
...Your opinion did not matter...
It's their game. Ultimately your opinion does not matter.

Closing down discussion is the best way to make that point. They have their own views on how a shadow tank should play and nothing any player can say will sway them from that vision.
An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively. - HH Dalai Lama

ChazDoit
06.26.2012 , 09:02 PM | #28
Like I said.

"It could be the worst news in the world that your class is getting nerfed because you're overpowered in their eyes, but if a developer explained it, worked with the community, than we would most likely accept it. "

How Bioware handled the Shadow nerf was by posting their response in BLOGS and Q&A's that NOBODY COULD RESPOND TO. Your opinion did not matter and it was like they were deliberately avoiding talking to their players.
As I said in my previous post that you ignored, It seems to me that Bioware Nš 1 priority was to get 1.3 and the Group Finder live ASAP, and they used the PTS to iron out the bugs.

I know it sucks that they didnt respond to player feedback, but I would have made NO SENSE to delay 1.3 because of the project animation, or because shadows/assassins claim the nerf was to much (my main is an assassin). Class Balance is an ongoing process, they can address those issues later.

norlof
06.26.2012 , 09:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
I always wondered what is the reasoning behind the people that unsubscribe, but stick around pretty much taking a dump on general discussion every day. If I ever stop playing this game it's gonna be to go play something else, not to linger around like a mindless drone chanting "bioware sucks, bioware sucks, bioware sucks"

I think I'll be a bit more self-respecting than that.
I don't get these people either. I don't like donuts, but I'm going to spend my time and stand around the donut shop and tell everyone who walks in why donuts suck, why they shouldn't eat donuts and why I will never eat donuts again.
Do or do not. There is no try

Ramahospitality
06.26.2012 , 09:11 PM | #30
/signed

voiced my concerns vary well.