Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I don't understand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I don't understand

criminalheretic
06.26.2012 , 05:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfinsix View Post
While you may fear an operative at lvl 14, its you and every other AC that gets the last laugh in the end...as they are in pretty bad shape in the 50 bracket, the damage output and burst doesn't scale well with the targets at that point. Or so it seems.

Also you can only be stunned twice before your resolve is full. the opening stun is a 1.5 seconds knock down from hidden strike. Don't break that, use your CC break on the follow up 4 second stun. energy management to try and keep the burst up to take the target down is a real problem for an operative as well. and they are super easy to kill once you have gotten thru the stuns.

Seriously tho. after you get out of 10-49 a concealment operative is prolly your least feared class you face. But in 10-49 they can be a super pain.
This. Not trying to be obnoxious and say L2P, more trying to say accept that at level 14, particularly on a late blooming class like a Sent, you are gonna get stomped. Just grin an bear it till you're the 49 and you can sit there laughing at his little knife dance.

Then get to the 50 queue, where everyone who's been playing longer has not only WH gear that you have to grind weeks/months for, but 14 augment slots on their gear that will end up costing you 3.9 million creds to match. And they will spank you 10x harder than that Operative, and tell you it's not gear, it's skill.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Meanerr
06.26.2012 , 05:42 PM | #22
Post a combat log next time if you want some real help.
==========================================+
Good players carry their team. Bad players QQ on forums.
==========================================+

Varicite
06.26.2012 , 05:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Then get to the 50 queue, where everyone who's been playing longer has not only WH gear that you have to grind weeks/months for, but 14 augment slots on their gear that will end up costing you 3.9 million creds to match. And they will spank you 10x harder than that Operative, and tell you it's not gear, it's skill.
I lol'd at the truth. : )
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

HolyFrogx
06.26.2012 , 06:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bogezzus View Post
So on my 14 Sent. I keep on coming across Operatives who can stun me, and take roughyl 9-10k+ HP away before the stun ends with their constant flow of crits. And then stun me again if they actually for some reason feel it's necessary.

I understand most cases they are 45+..but how is it that I can fight on some what of an even level with other 45+'s just not Ops?

And why is it 10-49 then if that's the case? If 49's are so incredibly powerful, shouldn't you split it up into tiers?

Basically what I am saying is why can Ops just sneak in, kill you, and sneak back out within seconds? And please don't tell me that's their only way of attacking and killing, we all know that's not true.

Really though, if anyone has any advice on how to beat an Operative on a Sent let me know.
3 bits of advice.
1: You need to practice fighting Ops and snipers - eventually you will start beating them. At 14 you have simply not put in enough hours to know how to rollover other classes.
2: You will gain more skills to help deal with them later.
3: Stay away from Ops and snipers. Don't get involved or get away.

When you get to 50 you will go through the exact same pain again. You need to learn to avoid them, and not get caught up in a fight with one, unless you have the upperhand. Work with teammates ftw.

And btw, sents can easily roll every other class so don't complain too loudly about having 1 nemesis.

Elkirin
06.26.2012 , 06:32 PM | #25
The advice on practising is IMHO, good. At 14 as many have told you, there are skills of vital importance not yet available to you. Movement, staying in the field of vision of team mates and never being alone also help vs stealthers.

For myself, I went to the trainer looked at skills and trees and found that around the lvl 28-30 I gained some useful counters. I have 8 pvp chars, 3 fully BM geared but zero WH geared , so take my advice and discard what does not suit you. Good luck.

Rules of PvP, if an anon pvp forums poster calls you bad, there is a 98% chance they are not the best candidate to be a PvP mentor.

Dissentus
06.26.2012 , 06:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
While I don't know of a good Bolster guide (I think there used to be one stickied, but that may just be my imagination), I'll give you a couple tips to make your experience a bit more pleasurable.

Regarding Operatives, try not to make yourself an "attractive target". This will be kinda difficult, because you are a lowbie Sentinel, and that is already a pretty attractive target for most classes (especially those that know you will be dominating them as soon as you "come of age").

If you know there are stealthers about (or have already died to one recently), try to stay w/ the group. Much like lions, Operatives love to hang out in stealth and pick off the weak antelope. DON'T BE THAT ANTELOPE. Stay w/ your herd (pack? flock?) if you can, so not only will you have support if they do pop out on you, but more people being around will give them less opportunities to get near you w/out being spotted.

Low health... This is like a bright, shining beacon for most players to target and kill you. This is actually directly tied to why most people absolutely HATE Sentinels, because Undying Rage (Guarded by the Force for you) turns that last sliver of your health into 5 seconds of Super Mario Star-mode. People hate being robbed of that killing blow, especially if their assumed killing blow turns around and KILLS THEM instead. ...but I digress, if you're low on health, get to the middle of a group pronto or fully expect to get picked off.

Basically any lone straggler is fair game for a DPS operative, and if you are low enough health to be taken out in a single stunlock (about 60% of your hp), then you can almost guarantee one will be coming for you if they are around. Operatives are fairly squishy outside of stealth, and if they can kill you and drop combat to restealth, that's really a best case scenario for them.
Super Mario Star Mode, best analogy ever of sent/mara defensive cooldown.

And yeah, at level 14 sent/maras do not have enough of their defensive stuff to deal with operatives, nor their offensive punch. At level 50, fighting sent/maras on my operative is always a struggle of me jousting and line of sight healing, because if I stay in melee more then 5 seconds, I lose 75% of my health. I have to constantly be on my toes as an operative at level 50.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.