Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OPs nerf again?

netskink
06.26.2012 , 11:48 AM | #1
Why nerf ops again? Every patch its a nerf. Why?
50s Dapengzi, Wicked Wanda, Blind'Anma, Meiling, Xiaowan, Relee Lowbies Xiaojiejie, Tarheel Tank, The Wait, Tarheal 1xConquerer, 3xWH. 2xBM.
Guild: www.heiankongzhi.com Fatman - PVP Imperial - Recruiting
SWTOR Videos: http://www.heiankongzhi.com/home/swtor/videos

SinnedWill
06.26.2012 , 12:05 PM | #2
They lose some healing received.. just as merc/commandos do. (Both Merc/Commando and Ops/Scounds were able to get far more healing received bonus than other classes - i.e. they could double-dip).
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.

Clonecak
06.26.2012 , 12:10 PM | #3
Yep, one more reason to not be a healer in pvp. Make it so the dps can kill a healer in just a few hits while they can only heal themselves for half the damage being done to them. How can this truly be balanced?

My example...Put 2 stacks of Kolto probe, and recoup. nano. , could not get off injection because of the interrupts, then 3 hits from 2 guardians and dead. Or Get rooted by sniper, then 2 shots dead. How much more powerful is BW going to make the dps and how much more are they going to decrease healing? So what if I can constant heal myself against one person in pvp, it is rarely a situation where only one person attacks a healer and it usually is a barrage of interrupts stuns and hits. All of this in almost full augmented War Hero gear. I see healers disappearing from pvp now too. I think this should be buffed up and not reduced again. Is it that important that DPS'ers feel good about killing healers?

Humankeg
06.26.2012 , 12:49 PM | #4
OPS healers were actually too good, even 1vs1 against dps classes.

That being said, I am talking about geared ops healers. Every healer, regardless of class, is pretty weak with out expertise, or low amounts of expertise, even when facing poorly geared dps classes.

The Trauma debuff is too strong of a debuff for undergeared healers; that is the issue.

Trauglodyte
06.26.2012 , 12:52 PM | #5
Vanish
Shield Probe
Adrenal
Surgical Probe spam
CC
To die is simply to end the cycle of pain!

unixbomber
06.26.2012 , 02:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
Why nerf ops again? Every patch its a nerf. Why?
Quote:
The animations for Laceration and Collateral Strike have been improved.
Survival Training/Survivors Scars now increases healing received by 1% per point (down from 3% per point).
You're joking, right?

KBSIP
06.26.2012 , 03:01 PM | #7
operative hybrids are still overpowered compared to pure heals or pure dps operatives

Kyntari
06.26.2012 , 03:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by unixbomber View Post
You're joking, right?
Read it again? Carefully this time?
Lithann | Operative | <Pkers> | P5

Clonecak
06.26.2012 , 03:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
OPS healers were actually too good, even 1vs1 against dps classes.

That being said, I am talking about geared ops healers. Every healer, regardless of class, is pretty weak with out expertise, or low amounts of expertise, even when facing poorly geared dps classes.

The Trauma debuff is too strong of a debuff for undergeared healers; that is the issue.
Not to argue.. but should a healer not be able to heal himself against one dps? As a healer you cant just stand and heal. You stun, interuppt, run, slow etc... The healer is not there to heal himself against a one-on-one match; their heals and defense have to be able to outpace it or it is not a viable class to play. With that said, lose the healers and the dps goes down. Want them medals? Nurture a healer rather than complain about them. Try doing 500k damage without a healer on the field. You cant. I have seen many healers respec because the survivability is low for a healer against any solid crew.

Samcuu
06.26.2012 , 03:25 PM | #10
I imagine the op is talking about the relics and adrenals being nerfed...hurts the scound/ops burst damage...I haven't been able to make it home to play 1.3 yet but I have been dreading the effect it is gonna have on my class....even if its not a huge difference I think it would be the 4th or 5th "nerf" to the scound/op class to date....