Old Augment Slots

DiabloDoom

Eh whatever. Customer service can just go ahead and sen me the 3 dozen mk6 kits they owe me. I don't wanna hear about updates, patch notes or anything else. I want my stuff that I spent hours on working as it did. I play, I don't sit around reading notes, diaries or any other garbage.

Stop screwing up already. It's something every time. Get it right and if you can't do be bothered to do that then make it right.

Your complete disregard and respect for our time is literally sickening.

Just get it done.

Rofl Diaries. I think it may be time for me to unsub for good..May just give up on games.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to add that I too have the same problem.

I have a BM piece critted before 1.3 and obviously with a purple willpower 22 augment. I removed it to put a surge augment and i get the message i need a power augment to equip blah blah ....

Now THAT sounds like a bug and hopefully you submitted a customer support ticket on that. Knowing that the augment slots would be converted for unslotted gear, I purposefully slotted green augment 22's in some gear to make sure the gear got the top tier augment slot on the conversion so I can later add purple augment 22's without having to use an augment kit.

Ditto. (except I made the stuff to sell)

So... let me see if I've got this right...

Yesterday.... my armormech could have made an orange item "Peacekeeper's Greaves" (level 19). I could have put level 22 mods in it and used it at level 50 (presumably because I prefer the look of it).

If I were really lucky, crafting it could have crit'd and it would have an augment slot too. Again, stick in a level 22 augment and ready to go.

Today.... I could make the same item, put the same level 22 mods in. BUT if the crafting crits, it only gets a low level augment slot and I need to buy a MK6 kit to use an augment in an item I already have an augment slot in already?

So what's the point of getting critted crafting then? If you still need to use a kit to add a "real" augment slot?

Augment slots should be (Yes / No), not (Yes / below par / really below par / awful / terrible / useless / no).

Liking the idea, hating the implementation.

This line intentionally left blank

Edited by Woetoo

Fix this Bioware, now.

I had a full set of critted War Hero (augmented) gear in the bank, ready for this day since mod extraction prices were being reduced by 30%. Only to realise i can't put any augments in them without spending 500k-1000k getting augment kits.

Agreed. It seems as if this issue would come up as quickly on the PTS as it has on live.

It did come up on PTS and I have been posting a few times how the devs needed to fix it and the false positive Trojan (see the customer service forum) but they ignored me I'm sorry to say.

Btw I strongly hope anyone who wanted to transfer did it already, the copy process for PTS found those slots to be bad data and removed any fitted augment to the inventory and killed the slot. If the transfer process is similar it could do some damage.

Edited by Red-Dwarf
Typo

It did come up on PTS and I have been posting a few times how the debs needed to fix it and the false positive Trojan (see the customer service forum) but they ignored me I'm sorry to say.

Btw I strongly hope anyone who wanted to transfer did it already, the copy process for PTS found those slots to be bad data and removed any fitted augment to the inventory and killed the slot. If the transfer process is similar it could do some damage.

So they were already aware of this and still went ahead and released the patch. Bunch of amateurs with no consideration for anyone's time, sounds like EA should of fired a few more people.

If anyone is wondering you can go in game and type "Augment" into the support center. Among the knowledge base questions is one about level 50 gear with Mk1 augment slots. If you click on it you get an answer stating that ALL gear made prior to 1.3 has an Mk1 augment slot NO MATTER WHAT.

In the FAQ we were told that gear would get an augment slot equal to it's crafted level -OR- whatever the highest level augment is.

In reality no matter what the old slots are MK1. This means all your previously crit crafted level 50 gear is now worthless. That includes stuff like War Hero. So I have to ask why deceive us then change it at the last minute? It doesn't make any sense. If this was the best you could do why wasn't all the gear automatically defaulted to Mk5 instead of Mk1?

It is a bug, level 50 gear should get converted to MK-6 augment slot directly. We couldn't test this on the PTS because there was another bug on the PTS that basically removed all the augment slots from all your gear.

• Dev Post
Hi everyone! Thanks for posting to report what you're seeing with regards to augment slots in Game Update 1.3. We are looking into this issue now! Keep your eye on this thread, as we will post inquiries or updates here as they become available.

It is a bug, level 50 gear should get converted to MK-6 augment slot directly. We couldn't test this on the PTS because there was another bug on the PTS that basically removed all the augment slots from all your gear.

The knowledge base question seems to imply it's not a bug at all.

Found the one you referred to, hope it is not true.

http://i.imgur.com/Iql2j.jpg

As if crafting wasn't useless enough. In my experience with MMO's, crafting is always a must, the better the crafting system, the more the economy is player driven, the more social it can become developing communities, and the more the content can become player created giving an overall experience of gaming, amazing. This is by far the worst crafting system I have ever laid eyes on.

Edited by DiabloDoom

From reading the patch notes and info in the dev forums what i got was that the level of the crit crafted gear's augment slot would have their augment slot converted to the correct level MK slot. Like the Custom Light saber augment would turn into a level 20 MK slot and the elegant slot would turn into the corresponding level 50 MK slot.

I don't see any reference to MK slot on the Augmented Ware Hero and Battlemaster gear. I also don't see the set bonus highlighted for the War Hero gear I just bought and tried to add mods into. This must be a bug.

From reading the patch notes and info in the dev forums what i got was that the level of the crit crafted gear's augment slot would have their augment slot converted to the correct level MK slot. Like the Custom Light saber augment would turn into a level 20 MK slot and the elegant slot would turn into the corresponding level 50 MK slot.

I don't see any reference to MK slot on the Augmented Ware Hero and Battlemaster gear. I also don't see the set bonus highlighted for the War Hero gear I just bought and tried to add mods into. This must be a bug.

Augmented level 50 Elegant items have the same problem, it's not unique to PVP gear.

yup. looks buggy

That's the same bug we had on PTS, if you look it doesn't describe the value of the slot (you should have a note in the empty slot to explain which type of MK-x type slot is present). It appears to be an MK-0 slot which is why it is asking for a higher value slot before it fits an augment.

That's the same bug we had on PTS, if you look it doesn't describe the value of the slot (you should have a note in the empty slot to explain which type of MK-x type slot is present). It appears to be an MK-0 slot which is why it is asking for a higher value slot before it fits an augment.

That's correct, I've tried inserting a low-level augment that only requires an MK-1 slot, and got the same error message.

Hi everyone! Thanks for posting to report what you're seeing with regards to augment slots in Game Update 1.3. We are looking into this issue now! Keep your eye on this thread, as we will post inquiries or updates here as they become available.

The trouble peeps are having seems to be related to this quote from the Patch Notes:

Augmentation slots are tiered in rank, and can only accept augments up to their rank. Augmentation slots can be upgraded to a higher tier through the Item Modification Table.

It seems there was some sort of tier system implemented that is not clear or obvious to anyone.

This could have been avoided on several levels. The easiest way to have changed this, would have been to apply level restrictions to augments, just like mods, so that a level 11 in an orange gear with a 22 augment could not equip the item, till they were 50.

The tooltip indicates that this was KNOWN internally, but they were unaware of the ramifications of their actions.

(Left hand, meet right hand. Right hand, meet Left hand.)

Creating a system that has multiple levels of slots was poor design from the start. All of this to avoid an appearance tab. /sigh

Bioware: Hey I have an idea, lets reinvent the wheel, and replace it with an octagon! They will love it and we will be “innovative”.

This on top of the antivirus issue…. :mad: Can anyone say 1.3 was rushed?

Edited by TOGFelix