Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

versatility of LFG tool is a huge disappointment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
versatility of LFG tool is a huge disappointment
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jsdcaedus's Avatar


jsdcaedus
06.26.2012 , 10:59 AM | #1
if you lose a member to a DC or other issue, you cannot invite a willing guildie, you can only get new pugs through lfg, which apparently also will reset whatever FP you are doing. thanks for the waste of time, group finder.

amclu's Avatar


amclu
06.26.2012 , 11:04 AM | #2
What? Didn't have that happen on PTS. (the reset portion).

GalacticKegger's Avatar


GalacticKegger
06.26.2012 , 11:06 AM | #3
This never happened on the PTS when I used it. Please submit an in-game bug report rather than spray paint the city walls with it. If it's real then that's the fastest way to get their attention.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
06.26.2012 , 11:10 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the report - we are aware of an issue right now that causes this. If you leave the queue after seeking a replacement (which you may have done to attempt to invite a guildmate), you are only able to enter the queue for a "new" group, which will reset the content. This is a known issue and we'll be working to address it!

jsdcaedus's Avatar


jsdcaedus
06.26.2012 , 11:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
This never happened on the PTS when I used it. Please submit an in-game bug report rather than spray paint the city walls with it. If it's real then that's the fastest way to get their attention.
looks like i got someone's attention. you're not a dev. don't tell me how to resolve my issues. forum posts get rolling and devs see the large number responses and quite possibly take them more seriously than the in-game tickets, which are probably swamped with noobs asking questions they could answer themselves if they used google

Jadenfango's Avatar


Jadenfango
06.26.2012 , 11:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jsdcaedus View Post
looks like i got someone's attention. you're not a dev. don't tell me how to resolve my issues. forum posts get rolling and devs see the large number responses and quite possibly take them more seriously than the in-game tickets, which are probably swamped with noobs asking questions they could answer themselves if they used google
He's trying to help you out, smart guy. You'll get a more detailed reponse that way.

SnkByte's Avatar


SnkByte
06.26.2012 , 11:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadenfango View Post
He's trying to help you out, smart guy. You'll get a more detailed reponse that way.
Yeah we ALL know the level of detail there - "Im droid XXX-YYY, thanks for your report its forwarded. I don't care if you want to continue and ask/say something else. So im going to close this ticket. Go away now!"

You mean this kind of copy/paste detailed?

kjfett's Avatar


kjfett
06.26.2012 , 11:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jsdcaedus View Post
looks like i got someone's attention. you're not a dev. don't tell me how to resolve my issues. forum posts get rolling and devs see the large number responses and quite possibly take them more seriously than the in-game tickets, which are probably swamped with noobs asking questions they could answer themselves if they used google
You got a community rep's (not a dev's) attention that told you they already knew about it. That hardly validates your post and in no way undermines the DEV's request that you submit bug tickets rather than QQing on the forums.

kjfett's Avatar


kjfett
06.26.2012 , 11:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SnkByte View Post
Yeah we ALL know the level of detail there - "Im droid XXX-YYY, thanks for your report its forwarded. I don't care if you want to continue and ask/say something else. So im going to close this ticket. Go away now!"

You mean this kind of copy/paste detailed?
There is a difference between CS tickets and bug reports. Submit a bug report to CS and that's the response you get. Be glad, they are submitting the bug report you were obviously not capable of doing yourself and letting you know they forwarded it on. They could just forward it, delete your ticket and be done with it like most other MMOs.

Kourage's Avatar


Kourage
06.26.2012 , 11:42 AM | #10
The lesson here is, don't requeue then change your mind and invite a guildie.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))