Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tracert fail

Ulfur
12.18.2011 , 07:54 PM | #1
desided to make new thread since i think i found what my problem with sisconnection was

i can play on laptop in bad graphics cant loginto server in desktop computer so i ran in command promt

tracert -d swtor.com

on both computers. laptop got though it with results in every jump sowing some numbers then MS

desktop got stars on 1-3 jumps so what could be the problem here they are both connected to the same router?

Ulfur
12.18.2011 , 07:58 PM | #2
no thoughts ? kinda been sitting ina lame office school laptop playing while my gaming computer cant enter the game

Racquerr
12.18.2011 , 08:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulfur View Post
desided to make new thread since i think i found what my problem with sisconnection was

i can play on laptop in bad graphics cant loginto server in desktop computer so i ran in command promt

tracert -d swtor.com

on both computers. laptop got though it with results in every jump sowing some numbers then MS

desktop got stars on 1-3 jumps so what could be the problem here they are both connected to the same router?
The first 1 to 3 hops are probably on your home network and afterwards is on the Internet. Possibly a Ethernet cable, card or port if it's within those. I can see this happening if your using wireless on the Laptop and Ethernet on the desktop. If you have tried fiddling with security settings on the desktop make sure you do (turning off the software firewall, anti-virus just to test, etc).

Also double check for firmware updates for the router/modem and drivers for your Ethernet card.

IJustWantAName
12.18.2011 , 09:05 PM | #4
For what it's worth, stars on a traceroute aren't necessarily bad. It just indicates one of a couple of things (which may or may not be symptomatic of a problem).