Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

Greyelf
06.23.2012 , 01:51 PM | #61
If you want to know why there are so many hacks in this game Google the Hero Engine. It is the worst MMO game engine ever. Since so many game files are stored client side hacks are easy.
Just because you have an opportunity to act stupid does not mean you have an obligation to be stupid.

Rahak
06.23.2012 , 02:06 PM | #62
Sure, let's vote, I'm sure that will stop them.
Kagekvinde

RkJedi
06.26.2012 , 08:41 AM | #63
well seems like BW dont care.. saw the same punks in a different wz yesterday (novare coast) tele-warping from one capture point to another .. reported them again ticket got closed so fast, i never seen BW move so fast on anything since i started playing this rotten game.
Imperial Sniper 50 Battle Master - Imperial Operative 50 Battle Master - Imperial Sorcerer 50 Battle Master - Imperial Marauder 50 War Hero - Imperial Assassin 50 War Hero

islander
06.26.2012 , 08:53 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyelf View Post
If you want to know why there are so many hacks in this game Google the Hero Engine. It is the worst MMO game engine ever. Since so many game files are stored client side hacks are easy.
This. What compounds this, is Bioware/EA in their infinite wisdom decided to take the prototype version of the hero engine, before it was completely polished.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Miston
06.26.2012 , 11:28 AM | #66
You gotta keep reporting them. The day after Xfers I reported someone for speed hacking. By the time the WZ was over a live CSR had started a chat inquiry with me. I was shocked...lol. I always thought the live chat tab in the support section was just for show. hehe
Miston
Harbinger server
HVND

RkJedi
06.26.2012 , 07:33 PM | #67
ya, i report them everytime...
Imperial Sniper 50 Battle Master - Imperial Operative 50 Battle Master - Imperial Sorcerer 50 Battle Master - Imperial Marauder 50 War Hero - Imperial Assassin 50 War Hero

Jaick
06.26.2012 , 08:29 PM | #68
You mean just like the guy who called hacks just because he didn't know how resolve worked?

Pfft.

duling
08.08.2012 , 07:15 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaick View Post
You mean just like the guy who called hacks just because he didn't know how resolve worked?

Pfft.
Cheaters do exist. Speed hack is the most common one I see. There's no way someone's castbar that says 9 seconds take 2 seconds to complete. That's a clear indication they're using a speed hack.

Philastra
08.08.2012 , 09:22 PM | #70
The hacks do exist I had a post removed and responed to by Alison Berryman and she said to the effect that she can understand that I was just trying to bring attn. to the issue however what I posted was basically telling ppl how to do it and instead of leaving it there she supposedly sent it into the developers. Of which she was very nice in the mail I got and did not give me any infractions.

Not holding my breath for solutions to what I have found but at least I got a response that they are trying.

And most are using 3rd prty programs that are very hard to detect because they are client side and the biggest one(not a speed hack) that A LOT of are using is very common ( it has to do with connection speed ) so hopefully they do find a way to put and end to it. So the next time you see someone warp to a different spot not far away, or it seems that someone jus cant be hit and or not taking damage but can drop you, they very well may be cheating more than likely its not lag. REPORT THEM it only helps BW see patterns that help them better understand the solution.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....