Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Pilgrim should be an instance

Beakertanks
06.25.2012 , 08:23 PM | #1
It is far too easy for a hadful of opposing faction players to wipe a Nightmare Pilgrim group.
Kira Carson: "It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy went over to the Empire."
Me: "Yes. Yes they have."

alifaraaz
06.25.2012 , 08:49 PM | #2
Hes a world boss, that's part of the point isn't it? Otherwise he'd just be like every other raid boss and may aswell be put into EC.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

AshlaBoga
06.25.2012 , 09:49 PM | #3
I've only had to deal with PvP for one boss, Urtagh, the giant Infected Bantha during the Rakghoul Pandemic on Tatooine. I remember going into Outlaw's Den and spending more time killing pubs than fighting the boss. That being said it was interesting to do PvPvE. Given that that once you've killed NP 3 times for the Vehicle Achievement and gotten the Campaign Boots there isn't much of a reason to do him, I suspect people will stop ganking Nightmare Pilgrim Ops by the time 1.4 comes out.

Since anyone without the Buff dies when they fight NP, I suspect that they need to add something to make it more painful for griefers. I'd just set the fight so it was like a Duel where no one could interfere or like the Infernal Council in EV where you're abilities didn't work when you had the debuff. That way griefers could watch but not interfere. And after we were done killing NP we could pwn the griefers!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Craxim
06.25.2012 , 10:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I suspect people will stop ganking Nightmare Pilgrim Ops by the time 1.4 comes out.
Technically, you're most likely right, but as 1.4 most likely won't be for a good while, they'll probably stop before it even arrives.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Maestrodomus
06.26.2012 , 09:02 AM | #5
It's a world boss. That's why it's fun.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

Beakertanks
07.07.2012 , 06:37 PM | #6
It is not fun to use thirty daily comms and get wiped by one or two dudes.
Kira Carson: "It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy went over to the Empire."
Me: "Yes. Yes they have."

Messiaah
07.07.2012 , 07:44 PM | #7
the problem is a never ending fight, if some teams of each faction want to do the worldboss at the same time.

The solution which we can find in other games (i think on wow) is quite smart. place the boss in an instance which is part of an open world pvp area and the player get access if they reach some objectives to control that area. Once you control this area the other faction can't recapture it for one or two hours.
Guildlead - Seven Stuck
Kereg - Juggernaut Tank
Recruitment: open

Fossman
07.08.2012 , 01:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Maestrodomus View Post
It's a world boss. That's why it's fun.
This argument confuses me.

I asked this before in another thread dont think anyone answered me so ill ask again.

How is it fun to schedule a raid with your guild. Get everyone there. Make sure everyone has the alphawave inhibitor. Then have another guild run up and ninja the stone? Or have another guild start attacking and get you all wiped instantly. Wheres the fun in that? You cant retaliate against it can you? No way to get back at them? No challenge involved on either side. if they're gonna make it like that they should get rid of the one shot ability the mob has and make it so that anyone who attacks the pilgrim becomes PvP flagged. or make it so that if a group of the same faction jumps in it becomes a contribution race whoever does the most damage gets credit for the kill.

schnopsnosn
07.08.2012 , 04:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Given that that once you've killed NP 3 times for the Vehicle Achievement and gotten the Campaign Boots there isn't much of a reason to do him, I suspect people will stop ganking Nightmare Pilgrim Ops by the time 1.4 comes out.
+50 main-stat buff for 5h is a pretty good reason to kill that boss...

Fossman
07.08.2012 , 05:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
+50 main-stat buff for 5h is a pretty good reason to kill that boss...
Does that buff last through death like a proto stim?